5" mini-tri (modified rcexplorer mini-tri)

Habakkukk

Fly Eagles, Fly!
I'm a big fan of David's (rcexplorer) mini tricopter, I have 2 6" variants (one for cruising and another just because...) so yesterday I added another tricopter to the growing herd of multirotors living in my closet.... Introducing the 5"mini-er tricopter racer.
image.jpeg
View attachment 72067
View attachment 72068

I made a quick vid edit during my tuning session today as well. It's not as locked in as I would like,
but my rates are there and it handles nicely. There's some real potential in a racer here, i love the way it yaws into a sharp turn.

Spex:
RCX 2205 2350kv motors
18a ztw esc's
Dal 5x4x4 props
Spf3 board running triflight (servo feedback enabled)
1300mah 4s Graphenes

I plan on shaving some carbon off the top plate to get a little more camera tilt and shed some g's. I'll update with an auw when that's done.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 29

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Very cool. I have been considering upgrading mine to 4S and now that I know about servo feedback, am considering some additional upgrades.

Great video!

EDIT: I am finding limited information on triflight and servo feedback.

Can you post some links or maybe do a build showing how you enabled these options?

Last edited:

Habakkukk

Fly Eagles, Fly!
EDIT: I am finding limited information on triflight and servo feedback.

Can you post some links or maybe do a build showing how you enabled these options?

So the frame found HERE has everything prewired for the servo feedback. If you install triflight on this board it's basically plug and play. Further details can be found on rcexplorer.se He also sells a servo with a feedback wire pre installed for $25 that works great.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
It looks like I can flash this onto a Naze32 from Cleanflite if I mod the servo.

Interesting...

Thank you Habakkukk.