About to get started into fixed wing. Need advice on battery/receiver

Lickinlimes

Hey guys, I guess you could say I'm new to the hobby; Fixed wing that is. I built a multirotor a few months back and love it, but now I'm heading to fixed wing.

I'm purchasing the 3 Pack swappable kit in the store and am curious as to what size battery I should use. I have some 2200s that I use for my E-hub but they're too big, correct?

Now, onto the receiver: I have a DX6i that I use and need a cheap(er) receiver for my swappables I will be building in the future :D I have a little Lemon receiver that came with my E-hub electronics but I always had problems pairing and getting it to work right.

brettp2004

You might be able to get the 2200mah battery to work on FT flyer but it isn't ideal. I'd go for a 1300mah. As far as receivers, have you checked into the orange rxs? They're cheap and work well from what I've heard.

Lickinlimes

Awesome info guys, thanks! I'll probably go for the lemon as it is a little bit cheaper and has 6 channels. Now to look up batteries! Any info on what brand is best bang for the buck?

Lickinlimes

As for batteries: Amazon offers a 3s w/ XT60 connectors and a 2s 1000mah w/ JST connectors. The power pack I'm buying comes with the JST connectors... Should I stay with the JSTs? Also, would it be possible to use 3s with Power pack B from the store?

defhermit

I too am working on the 3 pack swappable kit. I guess I didn't research this properly and just assumed the batteries that flight test offers here on their store would be sufficient.

So I have one 2cell and one 3cell 800 mAH Tipple battery. Will these work okay for the 3 pack? I'll definitely move up in battery power for the next plane.

I'm also planning on using the HK-T6A V2 6 channel tx/rx combo.

PhenomPilot

2s and 3s 800's will both work with the 3 pack. I wouldn't go over 1000mah as they won't fly so well. The 2200mah batteries you have will be good for the warbirds, versa wing, both guineas, bloody wonder. Pretty much everything except the 3 pack and minis.

Lemon rx are good and cheap. If you have trouble binding try walking a few feet a way before you turn your transmitter on. Sometimes the tx is too close to the rx!