AURA HELP

Roman116

Hi, so I am new to the hobby. Flight fest hooked me a few years ago but taking care of sick family kept me from getting into it. Well this year got me good and I have built two FT planes, the Tudor and Scout XL. Where my problem is, I cant get the Aura to work with the Lemon receiver satellite. I hooked everything up to an R88 receiver first and everything seemed to work as it should although I haven't flown yet, just bench test. Then I tried the Lemon and nothing works. All I did was unplug the R88 and put plug in the Lemon and change the receiver info on the transmitter (tx16s mkII). I did go to the config. tool and changed that as well. I'm sure its something simple I'm missing but cant seem to find it. I guess I could just use the R88 and problem solved right. Any help would be appreciated.

Roman116

Did you bind the Lemon?
The lemon don't have a bind button. I plugged it into the aura and held the bind button on the aura as I plugged it in. The light on the lemon flashed and then went solid red. I assumed that it did bind?

Bricks

Master member
The lemon don't have a bind button. I plugged it into the aura and held the bind button on the aura as I plugged it in. The light on the lemon flashed and then went solid red. I assumed that it did bind?

Did you put your transmitter in bind mode?

Roman116

Did you put your transmitter in bind mode?
Yes I did, held the bind button down while plugging the battery in went to the transmitter and hit bind. It seems like the bind process worked but it just don't act right. Its like night and day from the way it reacts with the r88 and the lemon. I am wondering if it's something in the the setting on the aura config tool?

Bricks

Master member
Yes I did, held the bind button down while plugging the battery in went to the transmitter and hit bind. It seems like the bind process worked but it just don't act right. Its like night and day from the way it reacts with the r88 and the lemon. I am wondering if it's something in the the setting on the aura config tool?

When you installed r88 did you change the output channel configuration, if so may be the issue.

Roman116

So, I just ran home to check things out again. I went into the settings on my radio and turned off channel mapping and now it appears to be working. I know I saw that on a video but cant recall if it was a FT video or not. either way it seems to have resolved my issue so I guess it should be ok. Thank you.