• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Adtech Pro spark explosion flames shooting!!!

I think I’ve built roughly 7 planes with this thing. Didn’t even know they could blow up and catch fire. Google gods say it happens a bit. Not fun and a melted T-28 Christmas present. Let the glue gun research begin! Wondering if this is why FT converted over.

Heck yeah! I had that happen with a Harbor Freight drill press I bought to build my AK with. I was just drilling a trunnion minding my own business then smoke started pouring out of it and flames shot out. Took it back and got another. This one is a beast.

There is about a 30% failure rate of harbor freight tools, but some of them are great too.

bisco

Elite member
I think I’ve built roughly 7 planes with this thing. Didn’t even know they could blow up and catch fire. Google gods say it happens a bit. Not fun and a melted T-28 Christmas present. Let the glue gun research begin! Wondering if this is why FT converted over.
thanks for the heads up. like lipo batteries, i will try to be more cautious in the future.

As an update, the company reached out to me and sent me a new gun and a big box of glue via fed ex. Definitely will never walk away with it plugged in but I did love it before it went poof.

Bo123

Elite member
Hello,
I had that occur with a Harbor Cargo drill press I purchased to construct my AK with. I was simply boring a trunnion staying out of other people's affairs then smoke began spilling out of it and blazes shot out. Took it back and got another. This one is a monster.

There is about a 30% disappointment pace of harbor cargo devices, yet some of them are extraordinary as well.
reported

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Good to hear that they stepped up the way that they did!

I'm not personally a fan of their glue guns (I don't like the way the trigger feels and that I have to pull it a lot more than my Dewalt; personal preference thing for me), but it seems like a solid company who steps up when needed! :)