Always have spare props...

joshuabardwell

Mentor
Always have spare props on hand, kids. I broke a prop on my quad yesterday, and now I have nothing to fly going into the holiday weekend. I may have to *gasp* go to my local brick-and-mortar to pick up props. Except they cost four times as much and they have a terrible selection of reverse-rotation props. Ugh.

What happened was I busted a boom and the prop discs intersected ever so slightly. One prop cut about a 1/8" slit in the other prop, about 1" from the tip. Hmmm... that's probably still flyable, right? Right?!

PS: This is a V-tail, so the prop discs intersected at an angle, not flat on.

joshuabardwell

Mentor
Well, I just called my local HobbyTown, and discovered that THEY DON'T CARRY ANY PUSHER PROPS AT ALL. Really?? How can you not serve the multirotor market? It's like you don't even want my business.

joshuabardwell

Mentor
... okay, whew. I found a prop in my junk bin that was chipped, but not cracked. I re-balanced it and I think I can get through the weekend. CRISIS AVERTED!

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Ha better in an order for a load of props ASAP! As a last resort you could have temporarily transformed your quad into a tricopter.