Place to get all standard Props?

ikem

I finally got my Carbon filled 10x3.8 props to balance, and they are amazing, but Hobbyking is always backordered.... does anyone have recommendations on where to get some carbon filled props that sell them in standard only and not the pairs?

but that brings up another question. I see different people using different prop configs on tricopters.

some have a Right had prop on the front left boom and some have all Left hand props. What is the correct config?

Last edited:

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Well, I suspect it may be different for different FCBs, but for the KK2 and 2.1 it is as you said, CW upper left, CCW upper right and CW tail.

Two great places to get above average carbon fiber props, almost always in stock. Rctimer.com and Foxtechfpv.com

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
On a tri, there is no "correct" way. The mix of props helps keep the torque yaw minimized, but even if you decide to go all the same direction, the boards will still compensate.
If you run all the same direction, it is best to facilitate a little by tilting the tail motor to one side. Set-up the tri and hover so you can see where the tilt wants to be while in a stable hover. Land and adjust to that angle with the servo centered and you should be golden.

I'll agree with Cyber, I've heard nothing but good things from both RCTimer and Foxtech.

Team_Monkey

I don't know about "Carbon filled" in particular, but I use HeadsUP RC whenever I want props fast. I don't have a local hobby shop but HeadsUP has a large selection and ships in a few days. Their standard shipping is cheap-cheap. :)

CHSFlite

I been trying to buy 8inch props off of HK for a month and they are always out. I've resorted to ebay, RCBuddy and Amazon. You'll pay a premium on Amazon.

Being new to the hobby I recently discovered that difference that pitch can make. I was used to 8 x 3.8 rotors and bought some 8 x 4.5 and found there was a big difference in how my tri flew. The 3.8's were much more forgiving.

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
A good many of Rctimer prop selections, from the dirt cheap poly-plastic/nylon to the carbon-fiber are free shipping.

Team_Monkey

I like RCTimer and have a few of their motors. I've had no problems getting items from them. If you want it fast, I don't think you can beat HeadsUp though. Unless you have a good local shop. I was really sad when my LHS closed.

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Yea, you're right, the 'anticipation drag-out' when ordering from even a fast Chinese merchant can be a pain. The fastest has been the mega-variety outlets like Banggood and Deal Extreme. I usually get stuff in 14-18 days from them. I have an order from Rctimer that will most likely be here Monday or Tuesday I ordered on 2-11. That's unusual for them. I'm thinking there's still a shipping backlog from the CNY. However, over three weeks is common with Hobby King until very recently.