Any FlySky micro brick?

Freaky_1

old headcase
Does anyone know of a FlySky ready micro brick? Aka receiver/ servos in one unit, preferably with a brushed esc as well.

Thanks,
Frank

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
The V-911 heli brick is very popular for simple UM planes, there is a large thread on RCGroups concerning all sorts of different planes built using the board.

Freaky_1

old headcase
It seems I can never catch good weather on my day off, so time for a slightly different build.
Bamboo skewers, thread, CA and cling wrap make this first attempt. I split the skewers in halfs or quarters, steamed the bent ones and formed them over several items. The upper ribs were formed in a two piece form I made with scrap plywood and just clamp together. Joints are laced thread that then got soaked through with CA. Thread hinges.

Now to power it and see how she crashes :)

IMG_20140627_220105_400.jpg

IMG_20140627_220140_159.jpg

IMG_20140627_220127_872.jpg

A tad heavy at 13g. Should be able to shave 6 to 8g by splitting the bamboo smaller. For a first, it'll do.
I'm finding that my fingers have gotten old and don't like working with thread and small knots. Worse, I'm finding that my eyes simply refuse. Guess it's time to go see the optometrist.
Getting old ain't exactly awesome, but it sure beats the alternative.

Last edited: