Are there any education-focused clubs in the Atlanta area?

Thorondor

I will be applying for undergraduate research programs soon, and my goal is to land a position in a UAV engineering program. To make my application look more impressive, it would be great if I could join a drone/UAV/RC/aerospace/engineering club and get active in it. Google has yielded nothing of value, just aerial photography companies and casual AMA flying clubs. Does anybody know of such a club in the Atlanta area?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Check out your local community college then spread out to state colleges and so forth. You could even go to their counselors and ask if any business have inquired about apprentices or mentorships. They would be your closest and best bet. Unless you want to search the business yellow pages and try and get lucky on a flight related name..

JCKET

I will be applying for undergraduate research programs soon, and my goal is to land a position in a UAV engineering program. To make my application look more impressive, it would be great if I could join a drone/UAV/RC/aerospace/engineering club and get active in it. Google has yielded nothing of value, just aerial photography companies and casual AMA flying clubs. Does anybody know of such a club in the Atlanta area?
If I have any news that can help you, I will get in touch with you, please wait for my good news!