Balance Plug In Parallel

lonewolf7717

I have a somewhat unconventional fpv situation. I have two 3s 2200 in parallel for main power but really would make life easier if i could pull fpv power off one of the two lipo balance plugs. my experience with lipos in parallel suggests this would be a non-issue but have been unable to confirm that anywhere online. I have some cg considerations on this craft that are making me look for another alternative other than my typical "acc." battery plus mains setup.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
What kind of draw does your FPV setup pull? It shouldn't be an issue as long as the draw is low.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
If you are using the full voltage of the balance plug then you ARE pulling from both batteries on either balance plug since the battery's are connected in parallel.

Thurmond

lonewolf7717

If you are using the full voltage of the balance plug then you ARE pulling from both batteries on either balance plug since the battery's are connected in parallel.

Thurmond

Exactly my thinking, just wanted to hear from those with more experience in case there was some strange caveat i was not seeing. FPV system is all 12v so yes pull full power from outside balance taps. Thank you sir.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor

Thurmond
You ever have a "doh! I knew that!" moment? I just did...