Before you comment to the FAA take a deep breath and think

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
The commercial UAV operation you’re describing below is exactly the type the FAA is trying to enable with its upcoming small UAS rule, which is scheduled to be released for public comment later this year.

. . . and why does this not fill me with warm fuzzies???

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Do you really think the FAA site is set up in good faith?

Or is it a scam to get you to voluntarily register as a potential criminal for a future law?

If this were the ATF asking you to register your name and home address to 'vote' on a new gun control law, would you believe them?

Sorry, I don't trust the FAA or any other part of the US government as far as I can throw a cheesecake underwater. I reserve my right to NEVER talk to them without a lawyer.

I plan to fly quietly, safely, plead 'not guilty' if busted and if called as a juror nullify any law the FAA passes. It was the last peaceful resort for the underground railroad prior to the civil war and I think it is the last resort in the USA today on a host of issues.

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
Agreed, guys. I cannot justify submitting to some licensure procedure for toy airplanes or even for business related toy airplanes. I know most folks in this hobby are offended by the toy label, but it's really useful for putting things into perspective toward the hyper regulation types. They're toys, and some people will misuse them. Laws will not stop them from being misused. Won't even slow it down.