Blank Page

baronbernie

As of late, when ever I try and use the search engine the page comes up blank. This also happens when I click on any of the pictures such as; plane, podcast, projects, just about all of them. Any one else have this problem. I already cleared the cookies and anything else that could be cleared. Any and all help is aooreciated.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
What are you on when it does this? Seems like tablets and phones aren't liking the forums much lately. Not sure what changed but someone else was having a bit of trouble with the onscreen keyboard but only on Flitetest...

baronbernie

xuzme I am on my laptop Dell computer using the windows 7 dos. And yes the problem seems to be only with the flite test site.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I'd let Fred (flyingmonkey)know about it. If it's something they can work on, he's the guy to get it started.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Bernie, is the problem you're speaking about only happening on the Main Site, or here on the forums as well?

augernaught

Augernaught
Bernie is running "the Windows 7 DOS".
That could be an issue in and of itself......... ?

BB, what anti-virus programs do you run, and do you run them regularly?
I can suggest a few free options that work fairly well.

Are you certain you have cleared all of your systems cache's properly?
Do you upgrade your system and plug-in drivers regularly?

Outdated drivers are a common cause for these type of failures,
as websites constantly strive to keep their content current, and up to date.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Good suggestions, Auger. As for the Win 7 DOS, I think that might be a typo for OS...maybe. That's what I read it as anyway...
If you knew my wife you'd speak tech-challenged, too! I swear she finds the most ingenious ways to crash stuff...and she doesn't even fly.

augernaught

Augernaught
Good suggestions, Auger. As for the Win 7 DOS, I think that might be a typo for OS...maybe. That's what I read it as anyway...
If you knew my wife you'd speak tech-challenged, too! I swear she finds the most ingenious ways to crash stuff...and she doesn't even fly.

Nope.
I am friended with BB here on FT and it was no mistake in the understanding/nature of the matter. (OS/DOS)
I tried briefly to help him in private, but it was smart of him to bring it forward to the forum.

I truly believe it is neglected driver update issues, and a bit of reform on his virus control consistency/efforts.

OH, and xuzme720, Tell your wife she does a fine job of filming your flights.
It's not easy to follow these tiny planes, but she is better at it than she gives herself credit for,
and I salute her for taking the time to help you enjoy this wonderful hobby.
You are a lucky man to have her!

Last edited:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Nope.
I am friended with BB here on FT and it was no mistake in the understanding/nature of the matter. (OS/DOS)
I tried briefly to help him in private, but it was smart of him to bring it forward to the forum.

I truly believe it is neglected driver update issues, and a bit of reform on his virus control consistency/efforts.

OH, and xuzme720, Tell your wife she does a fine job of filming your flights.
It's not easy to follow these tiny planes, but she is better at it than she gives herself credit for,
and I salute her for taking the time to help you enjoy this wonderful hobby.
You are a lucky man to have her!
I wasn't sure, just giving Bernie the benefit of the doubt. I think you are right though on the updates. Hopefully you can walk him though getting them up to date and get some good anti spyware/malware/virus going for him.

I keep telling her she is better than she thinks and I do try to keep it in closer when I know she's having trouble. All in all, she's a keeper. Mostly cause I can usually fix what she breaks!

augernaught

Augernaught
I quit no charge freelance technical support the minute I saw Windows 8.
And that is all I have to say about that.............EOS!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I feel your pain. 8 is a dog on anything that isn't touch screen...I'm not sure why it was ever installed on a normal laptop in the first place!

Freaky_1

old headcase
My penguin powered pc's have no real issues here. My android tablet probably doesn't. It does many weird things here on the forum including the odd blank page, but that's likely me as this thing is flying car territory for me.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
"In a world without frontiers, who needs Gates and Windows?"

:D

In a country with free healthcare, do you really want something that will keep the doctor away?

Hans plays with Lotte, Lotte plays with Jane
Jane plays with Willi, Willi is happy again
Suki plays with Leo, Sacha plays with Britt
Adolf builds a bonfire, Enrico plays with it

I don't know why this line of posts reminded me of this...