Radiomaster tx16s mk2 issues.

Sorry if this has been covered already, I’ve searched but haven’t found any info relating to the issues I’m having.

I bought a second hand 16s mk2.

It had some heli’s and quads saved in it. I used one of them and reconfigured it to bind to a wltoys/ XK “Q fighter” F4u Corsair, it flys fine. I tried to create a new model and bind another Q fighter, a desert fighter, it binds but the channels are wrong, as if it’s transmitting mode 2 channel designation. The throttle is still on left stick instead of the right one, so it spins up the motor because the left stick is centred.

I’ve tried to create/ set up other new models, when I start from a blank model like an e-flite timber x that has safe and as3x, I’ve successfully bound to the plane but the Chanel’s are wrong, it was set up as mode 2, I’ve changed it to mode 1. Yes ive selected mode 1 in the settings.

The throttle issue same as above with the Q fighter desert fighter.

The same with a umx radian, motor spins up as the left stick is centred. Plus the other controls are not correct.

What I don’t get is why the Q F4u bound and flys without issue but any others have the channel designation issue.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Sorry if this has been covered already, I’ve searched but haven’t found any info relating to the issues I’m having.

I bought a second hand 16s mk2.

It had some heli’s and quads saved in it. I used one of them and reconfigured it to bind to a wltoys/ XK “Q fighter” F4u Corsair, it flys fine. I tried to create a new model and bind another Q fighter, a desert fighter, it binds but the channels are wrong, as if it’s transmitting mode 2 channel designation. The throttle is still on left stick instead of the right one, so it spins up the motor because the left stick is centred.

I’ve tried to create/ set up other new models, when I start from a blank model like an e-flite timber x that has safe and as3x, I’ve successfully bound to the plane but the Chanel’s are wrong, it was set up as mode 2, I’ve changed it to mode 1. Yes ive selected mode 1 in the settings.

The throttle issue same as above with the Q fighter desert fighter.

The same with a umx radian, motor spins up as the left stick is centred. Plus the other controls are not correct.

What I don’t get is why the Q F4u bound and flys without issue but any others have the channel designation issue.
The channel designation is different for each model, so just switch around the channels using mixes such that it works as it should

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I agree with LB, channel mapping is off. Could be off in the Tx or servos pluged into the wrong channel. Check the page your Tx has that shows what each channel is doing when the sticks are moved.

You could try that copy a working model instead of starting from scratch.

Check that you don't have TAER and AETR mapping reversed.

LB
It’s showing AETR in the TX / model set up. But I may have a setting around the wrong way/ reversed as you say. Being a noob to the YX16s

I agree with LB, channel mapping is off. Could be off in the Tx or servos pluged into the wrong channel. Check the page your Tx has that shows what each channel is doing when the sticks are moved.
The plane is a factory set up e-flite timber x, it flew fine with a spektrum DX6e. So it’s more than likely a stetting I’ve got wrong.

timbers use taer not aetr, its the spektrum configuration so try changing that
Ah ok. Thanks

I’d read on one of the multi protocol sites that when you select DSM that the tx automatically configures the channel designation to transmit to the receiver, in that it shows AETR on the tx and sends TAER to the spektrum rx.

Bricks

Master member
Look on your outputs screen it will tell you which channels are where. Is the transmitter running Edge or OTX?

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Ah ok. Thanks

I’d read on one of the multi protocol sites that when you select DSM that the tx automatically configures the channel designation to transmit to the receiver, in that it shows AETR on the tx and sends TAER to the spektrum rx.
I havent had that happen ever for me personally and I regullarly use dsmx

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Take a picture of the mixers tab on your radio and post it here. We can help you remap it based on that screenshot

I think I found the issue, I just changed the default channel order/ setting to AETR. It was set to TAER.

Edit, changing default channel order didn’t fix the issue with the “Q fighter” desert fighter. Which is showing the same set up as the Q Fighter F4u . EDIT: I successfully duplicated the Corsair and bound the Messerschmitt (I think it is) desert fighter, it’s now working as it should. One resolved, several to go lol

I’ve included a photo the channel monitor.

So now I’m as confused as ever 🤪🤷🏼‍♂️

The tx is running edge tx black pearl 2.7.1,

Attachments

• IMG_1502.jpeg
    IMG_1502.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1503.jpeg
    IMG_1503.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I think I found the issue, I just changed the default channel order/ setting to AETR. It was set to TAER.

Edit, changing default channel order didn’t fix the issue with the “Q fighter” desert fighter. Which is showing the same set up as the Q Fighter F4u . EDIT: I successfully duplicated the Corsair and bound the Messerschmitt (I think it is) desert fighter, it’s now working as it should. One resolved, several to go lol

I’ve included a photo the channel monitor.

So now I’m as confused as ever 🤪🤷🏼‍♂️

The tx is running edge tx black pearl 2.7.1,
You should upgrade to edgetx 2.8, there are some much better features, optimized for touchscreen like on a tx16s