Calling all Northern NJ Flitetest Pilots

Verris

Hey, I just moved from Ottawa to Monroe NJ. I actually came to the TCRC event in early November and met a bunch of people. Unfortunately I've been pretty busy the last little while and missed the November meeting, and there wasn't one for December. I'm going to attend the meeting this month. A bunch of people talked about flying throughout winter, and I've been down with the idea of showing up on a weekend and finally flying again, but I'm never sure if my 25 minute drive will end with an empty field and nobody to fly with, and not being a member yet rules out solo flying. How often are people out there? I imagine it must be pretty slow by this point of the year.

jpot1

Elite member
@Verris - I’m in Manalapan one town over and fly with the MMAC club. Small field but a good group. We were out last weekend both days freezing our you know what off. Let me know if you’d like more info.

Yeah usually Tony and a couple of guys are out there Saturday and Sunday even in the winter. I’m usually a Sunday flyer but on saturdays we hold small mini events. I think this Saturday is fly fast, bring out your fastest aircraft and we’ll tag it with a radar gun.

I personally won’t be able to make it this weekend. Maybe on Monday since I have off. If you happen to be off on Monday we can meet up. Let me confirm with wifey to make sure she doesn’t have something planned for us.

Let me know if you wanna meet up for Monday. It’s gonna be quite cold but I’ll deal with the cold to get some stick time.

Hey, I just moved from Ottawa to Monroe NJ. I actually came to the TCRC event in early November and met a bunch of people. Unfortunately I've been pretty busy the last little while and missed the November meeting, and there wasn't one for December. I'm going to attend the meeting this month. A bunch of people talked about flying throughout winter, and I've been down with the idea of showing up on a weekend and finally flying again, but I'm never sure if my 25 minute drive will end with an empty field and nobody to fly with, and not being a member yet rules out solo flying. How often are people out there? I imagine it must be pretty slow by this point of the year.

Verris

@djentangle Sounds good to me. We'll have to see how the weather goes too I guess. Looks like the snow and ice is finally showing up. Unfortunately I don't have anything fast, or anything at all built right now. I had to take apart most of my planes when I moved, and a couple of the few I moved got destroyed by the moving company. I just finished rebuilding my MPCNC and will be cutting out new planes soon. I've got an apprentice I can fly around for fun and I think at least one of my quads still flies for now. I'm off Monday too, so let me know if you decide to go out.

@jpot1 Is that the field near Monmouth battlefield Park? That was the first one I found when looking for somewhere to fly here and is like 10 minutes down the road from me. Unfortunately when looking it up all the information I could find about it was pretty out of date so I didn't think it was active anymore. I'll send you a PM for some more info.

Yeah suppose to be pretty damn cold on monday and windy so not very ideal at all but i'll definitely let you know if I hit up the field and give it a try. I got called out on one of my heli groups on Facebook to brave the cold and do a flight in the freezing cold so I might just go for it on monday!

@djentangle Sounds good to me. We'll have to see how the weather goes too I guess. Looks like the snow and ice is finally showing up. Unfortunately I don't have anything fast, or anything at all built right now. I had to take apart most of my planes when I moved, and a couple of the few I moved got destroyed by the moving company. I just finished rebuilding my MPCNC and will be cutting out new planes soon. I've got an apprentice I can fly around for fun and I think at least one of my quads still flies for now. I'm off Monday too, so let me know if you decide to go out.