Solved Can You Turn Off AS3X on a Night Radian?

Yusernaym

I'm considering buying a night radian, as it's the only decently sized glider my local hobby shop has, but it comes with AS3X and SAFE Select. I prefer my planes to be fully manual, so I was wondering if anyone has experience with disabling AS3X and SAFE. Having to get an entirely new reciever wouldn't necessarily be a dealbreaker, but I would rather not have to do that. I have a USB spektrum programming cable, if that helps.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Is that a pnp kit? If its not and you need to add in your own electronics then just go with standard receiver you use normally. If it is a complete kit just remove the as3x receiver and replace it with one of choice. Then you can re-purpose the as3x receiver in something else. Nothing in the rule books saying it must have as3x as its an already proven air frame.

Now I am sure you can disable it as there are ways to set all the features up on switches so at the very least you can lock them out but still have them available should you need or want them or even for letting / training some else to fly it.

This may be more help...

Last edited:

Yusernaym

Yeah I think I'll just get it, throw in the receiver out of my project plane, and see how it goes. Thanks

L Edge

Master member
Your question of disabeling both the AS3X and safe requires a couple of things.

First, you need to see if your receiver is programable. A lot are not.
Second, I see you bought the USB cable. Mine didn't work, got the blue tooth cable for phone app.
Third, you need to have a background and understand gyros, (gains, rate vrs head holding, relative and absolute settings)
Forth--Be prepared to look and understand the 16 videos

If you follow them, then will succeed in be able to use the 3 modes as you want.

The nice thing is anytime you buy another model from HH, chances are you can download and write over the present settings for the new model.

Be prepared to spend time for this project.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Your question of disabeling both the AS3X and safe requires a couple of things.

First, you need to see if your receiver is programable. A lot are not.
Second, I see you bought the USB cable. Mine didn't work, got the blue tooth cable for phone app.
Third, you need to have a background and understand gyros, (gains, rate vrs head holding, relative and absolute settings)
Forth--Be prepared to look and understand the 16 videos

If you follow them, then will succeed in be able to use the 3 modes as you want.

The nice thing is anytime you buy another model from HH, chances are you can download and write over the present settings for the new model.

Be prepared to spend time for this project.

Or he could set them up on switches and turn them off per the manufacturer.........

Bricks

Master member
Or he could set them up on switches and turn them off per the manufacturer.........

You can even go to Spektrums website and download the complete set up for your transmitter for that particular plane, that is if you are running a Spektrum radio and programmable..

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
You can even go to Spektrums website and download the complete set up for your transmitter for that particular plane, that is if you are running a Spektrum radio and programmable..

Oh yeah.. That too.

Not being a Spectrum user I forget they can be programmed thru file sharing.

Yusernaym

yeah, I bought it today and it turns out I was overthinking it. I just left the bind plug in through the whole process and it set up without as3x or safe