Solved DSMX transmitter

whackflyer

Master member
Recently my younger brother has been wanting to get into the hobby, and he needs a reasonable transmitter. Since I’m 15 and on a limited budget, I can’t buy him one on my limited funds, and he is 11 and doesn’t have much money for one either. Sooo... we’re looking for a DSMX transmitter, computerized and with more than 4 channels. His ceiling is 40$ shipped to 67867. I know it seems a little ambitious, but if anyone can shoot us an offer for that amount it’d be much appreciated.

Thanks, Vaughn

Turbojoe

Elite member
I don't know about the earlier version DX TX's and compatibility but I have the DX6G2 as well as the DX6E. If I had it to do over again I could do without the hot British chicks voice in the DX6G2 and I'd go with the DX6E to save some bucks. As far as I'm concerned that's the only real difference in the two TX's. (There are other options) I honestly don't know if the earlier "i" versions do DSMX, DSMX2 or not. I'd probably buy the latest versions just to be on the safe side. I have the DX6 G2 AND A dx6e. If I had it all to do again I'd have two DX6E TX's instead of the full on DX6 G2.

Joe

whackflyer

Master member
@AkimboGlueGuns, I’ve been looking thru rcg and found one for cheap, but I emailed the guy and he’s never answered me, so I dunno what to do. I’ve bought a TX thru rcg but I don’t know if I should trust everyone on there, beings it’s a forum that has so many members. I’d trust y’all here on FT a lot sooner.

@Turbojoe, about the “I” models, the earliest ones only did dsm2, I had a dx6i and sold it to get said DX6 G2 with the British voice, which is actually kinda funny to me. I didn’t know it had that voice when I bought it, but it doesn’t really bother me that much.

Last edited:

Turbojoe

Elite member
Before I bought the DX6 G2 I was all Futaba even with the Spektrum 2.4ghz module in my Futaba 9CAP. I have zero knowledge about the earlier Spektrum TX's. I'm no longer a RCG memeber after 17 years but if you research the sellers there and they have a good history you should be reasonably safe. If the price seems to be good to be true IT IS! Lots of scumbags posting there now and it takes too long for moderators to have them removed. Just be careful and use a credit card in PayPal so you can get your money back if the seller is a scumbag and sends you a box of rocks!...

Joe

whackflyer

Master member
Before I bought the DX6 G2 I was all Futaba even with the Spektrum 2.4ghz module in my Futaba 9CAP. I have zero knowledge about the earlier Spektrum TX's. I'm no longer a RCG memeber after 17 years but if you research the sellers there and they have a good history you should be reasonably safe. If the price seems to be good to be true IT IS! Lots of scumbags posting there now and it takes too long for moderators to have them removed. Just be careful and use a credit card in PayPal so you can get your money back if the seller is a scumbag and sends you a box of rocks!...

Joe
Thanks for the info!

Turbojoe

Elite member
I entered 2.4ghz many years ago kicking and screaming!!!!!! 72 mhz had worked just fine for me and I still have several 72mhz TX/RX and they STILL work flawlessly! The earlier Spektrum equipment had it's early brownout issues but I think that has been addressed and alleviated by now. Just make sure whatever system you end up with passes ALL ground tests before you do a takeoff and landing. A maiden flight is NOT the time to find a system issue.

Joe

whackflyer

Master member
I entered 2.4ghz many years ago kicking and screaming!!!!!! 72 mhz had worked just fine for me and I still have several 72mhz TX/RX and they STILL work flawlessly! The earlier Spektrum equipment had it's early brownout issues but I think that has been addressed and alleviated by now. Just make sure whatever system you end up with passes ALL ground tests before you do a takeoff and landing. A maiden flight is NOT the time to find a system issue.

Joe
I’ve figured that out the hard way a few times😂

I have a DX5e that I was about to list on ebay. Attached are the photos. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles but it is good as new and it will get him started. I'll ship it for $30 and he can use the other $10 to buy a cheap receiver or other supplies. Send me a PM if you are interested. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited:

whackflyer

Master member
I know this sounds stupid, but I’ve never sent a pm on ft forum yet. Do you send one by using the Start Coversation tool?

Reactions: FDS

whackflyer

Master member
Thank you all for your offers, but I have found a transmitter elsewhere, so please don't reply to this thread anymore. Thanks! Vaughn

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
If you edit the first post title you can add a marker to it that says “solved” then people we know you got it sorted.