DT750's or Turnigy 2836/11

Im building an H quad as per the FT H-quad article, but seek an opinion on motors.

FT used the DT750's which could be called "old" motors these days and seem to be rather agricultural compared to other alternatives.

I have seen it mentioned that the DT750's are prone to running bearings and David Windestal recommends using epoxy to glue down the motor leads during his tricopter build to stop them pulling out the motor, not to mention the need for cutting the shafts down and needing nuts to install props...

I have only seen good things written about the Turnigy 2836/11 750kv motors and at this point these look like a fine alternative to the DT750's negating all the fuss and work needed to prep the 750's for flight.

I will be using these with Afro 30a escs and a MultiWii board...

Thoughts anyone??

Thanks
Drew

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
DT750's are very good pancake-type, high torque motors, for the price point of $13, that need attention before use.

Those that ignore the DT750 caveats are most-likely those complaining. Not that it's directly their fault, but a little checking on hardware will save you a lot of grief.