Eleven Hobby: Good / Bad / Stay away?

mikeporterinmd

Still Learning
I don't know about the planes, but banggood is a bear to deal with if you have a quality issue. I will no longer buy from them unless the item is commodity and vastly cheaper than anywhere else. They managed to drag a simple $30 micro-quad issue into a month long circus with me eventually having to file a claim at PayPal. I won the claim, but had to send the item back. Banggood then did, in fact, refund my money and I did not have to send the item back. However, a month, several hours of my time, 30 emails and a PayPal claim were required. I replaced the micro-quad from elsewhere for about $10 more.

I only even bothered with the claim because I was wondering where it would end up. It's very odd than they refunded the money. And the amount of staff time they spent must have far exceeded the claim value. Oh, and yes, I supplied them with the required videos and photos very early on. That the item was defective was never really in dispute. And I was always careful to write with an appropriately respectful tone. I dunno. Odd way of doing business. They tried to negotiate the claim several times for a reduced amount.

Mike