Favorite Aviation Cinema -- Best Movies

clolsonus

I forgot about Air America until someone earlier in this thread mentioned it. That was one of my all time favorites. Flight of the Phoenix is good. I thought the remake with Dennis Quaid was also very good (in it's own ways.) I loved Top Gun when it came out, but I can't watch it now. Hope the next one steps up. I saw the Right Stuff at oshkosh one year, that's definitely worth seeing. Has anyone mentioned Con Air yet? I appreciate it when they treat the subject matter well and avoid fake physics and fake cgi in the special effects.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Cant forget this one: :cool:

That movie was filmed a year and a half before I got on board while Nimitz was in dry dock after filming on that cruise. But yeah thats the ship I got to play on.

On another note. I just got done watching the Golden Compass. The air ships used in that would make AWESOME rc toys to have in someones hangar.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I actually haven't seen any classic aviation movies (don't judge) but there are some epic planes from movies that I admire. There was the weird V-22 knockoff from X-Men Apocalypse (horrible movie) with tilting wings as opposed to tilting rotors, the bicopters from Avatar, the incredible Quinjet... Oh, I guess I lied. I have seen Tora! Tora! Tora! and October Sky (if that counts). Tora was absolutely mind-numbing, especially considering that I hate politics, and October Sky had kind of a sad ending but it was the good kind of sad.
LOVE !!!! October Sky - even better that it is based on a real story

Stempniak90

It's a truly breathtaking piece of the film! To be honest, 'The Final Countdown' is one of my favorite movies. It's a really inspiring film that would leave nobody indifferent! I like science, documentary, and sports genres as well. What can you say about the movie 'Love on the Sidelines'? Yes, you may say it's a bit of a fairy tale, but isn't it wonderful? I think watching such films definitely make you kinder. You surely wouldn't want to complain or argue after it. Usually, I use this https://xmovies8.pw convenient source when I want to watch a movie. I guess you know about it, but repetition is the mother of learning. Have a great evening!

Last edited: