Flite Fest 2015

Fleetingsolace

Hi, everyone!

I am wondering about information for this year's Flite Fest. My husband was unable to make it this past year, and I am trying to put together a surprise trip for him to this year's. He is a HUGE fan of Flite Test and an avid RC pilot.

He gave me some basic information about last year's event, but I am wondering how this year's is going to be set up? Will it be like last year's and have a Kickstarter deal? How would I be able to get him on the list of pilots for the event? And does anyone have any information on the location of it this year? I know it's supposed to be somewhere in Ohio, and we have family there so I am just wondering if it would be possible to stay with them during the event. It is also still sometime around July 9th-12th, right? The 11th is his birthday, so this is even more perfect if I can figure all of this out for him.

So, any information that anyone could give to me would be wonderful! Thank you so much!

-Kimberly-

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Welcome to the FT forum!

Your husband is extremely blessed to have a wife supporting this hobby with him. You will have a great time at FF15.

There have been no formal plans on how to register or exact location as of yet. The dates are announced as 7/9 to 7/12.

Fleetingsolace

Thank you for the information! I will just have to keep checking back to find out information as it is announced.

Thank you for the kind words, too. Of course I support this hobby-it's fantastic! I am currently training on a Radian-my husband has a transmitter with a connector cable, so he can take over when I inevitably start dive bombing toward the ground. :) I am not nearly as talented as he is, but every time I have gone out to fly I have had a blast! And I can't wait for this event. I rarely get to surprise him, so it would be amazing if I could work this out for him. He was incredibly bummed that he had to miss last year's.

Thanks again! I will continue to check back for more information.

-Kimberly-

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Kimberly,

First of all, welcome to the FT family. There hasn't been an official announcement yet, but the FT crew has stated a couple of times that FF15 will again be held at Fuery Field (same location as FF14).

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Wow, you're a cool wife :D

Let's see - maybe I should start planning a trip to the US this year... I may go to Sweden so I would have to fly from there and back there... D: more expense when I'm supposed to be saving!

Fleetingsolace

Thanks! I try to be. ;)

That location is about 2 1/2 hours from where my family is. That's a long shot for a daily trip. We will probably have to stay in a hotel or camp with everyone else. We're supposed to be saving money, too, but I'm sure we could swing it. That will be super exciting!

That's great information for me-thank you! I will keep checking back. Yay. :D

-Kimberly-

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Are you sure he is not lurking here on the forum? It might ruin the surprise. :)

Fleetingsolace

Hahaha-I hadn't thought of that. I'd say I could play dumb, but he knows me too well. We'll just have to hope he doesn't stumble on the thread and start asking questions. ;)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
we could make it . . . Disappear (waives his hands mysteriously)

crash bandicoot

Dear Mrs. Fleetingsolace. Just to help you plan, there are a couple of motels near Malvern, OH. But I would recommend camping if you are a camper. They had special showers and bathrooms last year, and camping is the easiest way to have a home base. Also, if you have an EZ-up canopy, they are worth bringing, that way you can setup a home base on the flight line with coolers, some folding tables, and chairs. There is a convenience store about a mile away, and a dollar general about 5 minutes away. It is a wonderful experience and I'm sure that your husband will enjoy it.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
I would also suggest keeping a close eye on the flitefest.com web page. It HAS been confirmed that it will again be in Malvern at Fury field. It looks as though they may go with eventbright for registration. The dates stated are good. It will be an event that you and the family will not forget.

Fleetingsolace

We love to camp. We live in Colorado, so we've got beautiful camping spots all throughout the state. :) We've never gotten to camp at a festival-type of situation, though. It sounds like a super-fun experience overall. All of that is great information, too-having somewhere to grab a bite or some supplies would be very beneficial to us.

Thank you all so much. I seriously appreciate all of this. I can't wait-I hope we get to meet some of you in person! I feel like we're good friends already! :D

-Kimberly-

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Well, See you there! Look for the goofy guy building a 72-inch seaplane in the build tent!