FLITE FEST EAST - IMPORTANT INFO!

Crow929

Spectator Pricing

Is there an advantage to purchasing the "spectator full event" for $25 as compared to purchasing two of the "spectator 2 day passes" for a total of $20?

earthsciteach

The event is 4 days, so that would be a total of $80 if you were to buy individual day passes. If you are only there for two days, it seems to make sense to buy 2 individual day passes.

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
Is there an advantage to purchasing the "spectator full event" for $25 as compared to purchasing two of the "spectator 2 day passes" for a total of $20?

I think someone made a mistake with the pricing on the spectator passes. Full event should be cheaper than two "2 day passes". Stefan or Fred, if your ever watching eyes see this please have it looked into.

Thanks!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Is this a Camper, or a tent.... ??

So I'm heading to FlightFest East but need to know if I should register for a Tent or RV. This is my "Tent"
IsItATent.jpg

Self contained, No power or plumbing necissary... Registered as a Tent, so let me know if I need to change it. it will fit in a 25x20 spot which is defined in the FAQ as tent space.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Your tent looks like a normal sized tent. Certainly you're not taking up extra space but actually less by having it in the bed of your truck. I think your safe.

I have a smaller tent and a smaller car but will use more space because they will not share space. I paid for tent space. Is parking for tent users separate from the tent sites? If it is I can see how that would cause uncertainty.

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
HEY guys!

Im in the process of looking into the pricing info on the site for SPECTATOR pass etc! Thanks for the heads up and ill get you some info when I know!

Blessings guys! Cant wait to see you all there!

Stefan

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Your tent looks like a normal sized tent. Certainly you're not taking up extra space but actually less by having it in the bed of your truck. I think your safe.

I have a smaller tent and a smaller car but will use more space because they will not share space. I paid for tent space. Is parking for tent users separate from the tent sites? If it is I can see how that would cause uncertainty.

Looks like the 25x20 camping space is for parking and tent. Can't find it now, but found clarification last night in another thread. Parking pass is for people staying off site or just driving in for a day.

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Tent Pass "SOLD OUT" ??

Tent pass is showing "SOLD OUT", but earlybird tent pass is still available... Can that be right?
TentPassOut.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Looks like the 25x20 camping space is for parking and tent. Can't find it now, but found clarification last night in another thread. Parking pass is for people staying off site or just driving in for a day.

Cheers!
LitterBug
Fly on!

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Hey everyone!

All fixed now on the DAY pass situation!

Also, Litterbug...
It looks like all is well now... check again and let me know! I just checked and all was available!...

Stefan

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Yeah, it looks OK now. That was odd. Got mine last night and forwarded it on to someone else today when it showed sold out. LOL.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
From the FAQ at http://www.flitefest.com/faq/
What is the size of an RV Campsite?
30x40

Are generators allowed?
Yes! Small, quiet (Honda) generators are allowed at Flite Fest.

Does not mention power hook ups or showers..... I wonder about showers. I can do a spray bottle wash like I do in the woods if I have to though...

So questions remaining:
1) are there power hookups?
2) are there showers?

Cheers!
LitterBug

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
No power hookups at the sites, and yes there are shower trailers that are just plain awesome!

Crow929

Wow. I expected the "spectator full event" price to drop, not the "spectator 2 day passes" to increase. $15 each to come for a day and watch? Is it just me, or doe that sound pretty steep?

rcbif

Wow. I expected the "spectator full event" price to drop, not the "spectator 2 day passes" to increase. $15 each to come for a day and watch? Is it just me, or doe that sound pretty steep?

Pretty good deal IMHO, especially for 2 days. Also, there may be a $10 single day pass only avalible at the event maybe. Would not make sence to sell it online however with the added fee.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
AMA Membership

Just a friendly reminder that Flite Test has stated in their FAQ that those of us who desire to pilot aircraft at Flite Fest must have an AMA membership.
http://www.flitefest.com/faq/

In the FAQ you find a link that will take you here to register for a full AMA membership, $75.
https://www.modelaircraft.org/joinnew.aspx?s=flitetest

However, if you click where I clicked out of curiosity regarding membership renewal it will take you to where you can also select a 3 month trail moembership for only $19.95
https://www.modelaircraft.org/joinrenew.aspx

I'm looking forward to seeing/meeting many in Malvern. Just a littel over a month left!:cool:

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
The trial membership is
. Also for the full membership (which hurts quite a bit for just four days):

Online enrollment forms are only accepted for United States citizens.

:rolleyes::confused::mad:

Oh - and even the downloadable form does not have a field for country.

Last edited:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
This isn't your first year though it is Balu? What have the international guests done in the past? This is mine. Unbelievable! But since it is, I just recently had the AMA requirement presented to me adn didn't want anyone else to get caught unaware.

What have you done in the past?