Flysky FS-i6

Ironclad_Reaper

I purchased a FLYSKY FS-i6 with the data cable and the simulator cable. I have been trying different flight simulators( Free/Trial) but have had no luck connecting the transmitter. I have an android phone, Chromebook( w/ Linux Penguin/Debian VM) and a Windows 11 laptop( w/ Linux Ubuntu VM). Most information has lead either nowhere or the software is ridiculously outdated. Has anyone run into this? Any recommendations or troubleshooting steps? Thanks!!

Foamforce

Are you sure you got the cable for the i6 and not the i6x? I had both and they were different cables even though they looked identical. I don’t remember installing any software for it either, I think it just worked. I used RealFlight with mine.

Take it with a grain of salt, it’s been awhile since I used it.

Ironclad_Reaper

Are you sure you got the cable for the i6 and not the i6x? I had both and they were different cables even though they looked identical. I don’t remember installing any software for it either, I think it just worked. I used RealFlight with mine.

Take it with a grain of salt, it’s been awhile since I used it.
I believe I got the right cables, here are the ones I purchased.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240111-093005_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240111-093005_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240111-092939_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240111-092939_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 0

Foamforce

That’s the right one, assuming that your radio is an i6 and not an i6x.

Oh, I thought of another thing. You might need to enable student mode on the transmitter so that it sends a signal to the port on the back. It’s the second option under System.

Ironclad_Reaper

That’s the right one, assuming that your radio is an i6 and not an i6x.

Oh, I thought of another thing. You might need to enable student mode on the transmitter so that it sends a signal to the port on the back. It’s the second option under System.
It's an i6. I will try the student mode with RealFlight and send an update. Thanks for the advice!