Flysky i6x - Differential Thrust with Stabiliser

Paul1111

Being a bit of a newbie, I wondered if anyone here can advise what the wiring and Transmitter setup would be for a differential thrust model with stabiliser? The model has Ailerons, Throttle and Elevator - but no Rudder, channel 5 would normally be my on/off switch for the stabiliser, throttles have a cable from each wing...... how would the receiver be wired and transmitter be set? I assume the Mix setting on the transmitter would be the first port of call? Any help or guidance would be extremely appreciated! Thank you.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
you said something about a stabilizer switch
- what receiver do you have?
- do you have a flight controller?

because if you have some sort of on-board mixer/flight controller, you would configure it to do the mixing, not your transmitter.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Don’t using any mixing in the Tx. Instead use a Vtail mixer, like the one below. Hook one channel to the throttle output from the Tx and the other to the rudder output from the stabilizer.
Vtail mixer can also be used for flaperons

D2172F21-CF3A-4121-A7AF-8AE9018C9486.jpeg

Paul1111

Thanks guys & thanks for your patience - I was looking to use the Flysky FSIA10B Receiver with the Volantex Xpilot AX601Stabiliser? I usually set a two way switch to channel 5 for my Hobbyking Skyraider and Hurricane to enable/disable the Stabilizer but these both have rudders and no differential thrust of course? Hobbyking have announced the Lancaster which I love (but wouldn't be flying just yet!) and I want to get this but I cannot figure out how the Transmitter set up/Stabilizer would configure - I have not as yet installed my own stabilizer in a model, only used the preinstalled ones. The instructions that come with the goods don't help a newbie like me much! Merv, really sorry but do you mean throttle to Receiver? This is all new to me!

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I agree with Merv, looking at your stabilizer, you would need to do mixing post stabilier for it to work correctly.