Freedom Fox - Less than Bush Worthy?

Liquidice007

Hey Folks!
Took my Freedom Fox out for it's first flights this week and had a blast. Unfortunately, after a few typical landings and one low key nose over I noticed a discouraging development on one landing gear hardpoint ( photo attached ). I removed the landing gear and epoxied, but I'm worried there just isn't enough internal surface for that hardpoint to accommodate all the force developed from the leverage of those big balloon tires ( which are awesome BTW ). Anyway, hopefully one of the FT team will see this and maybe consider a revision at some point to beef up those hardpoints. IMO tying the left and right hardpoints together into a single piece would be a good place to start.

Sam

Attachments

• 20200904_194104.jpg
    20200904_194104.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200904_192455.jpg
    20200904_192455.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
It might be better to contact them through your purchase point, and make them aware of the issues your kit is having. They don't usually respond on the forum much.
Keep us posted on your experiences with the Fox.

Liquidice007

It might be better to contact them through your purchase point, and make them aware of the issues your kit is having. They don't usually respond on the forum much.
Keep us posted on your experiences with the Fox.

Indeed, I submitted store ticket linking to this thread to make them aware.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Hey Folks!
Took my Freedom Fox out for it's first flights this week and had a blast. Unfortunately, after a few typical landings and one low key nose over I noticed a discouraging development on one landing gear hardpoint ( photo attached ). I removed the landing gear and epoxied, but I'm worried there just isn't enough internal surface for that hardpoint to accommodate all the force developed from the leverage of those big balloon tires ( which are awesome BTW ). Anyway, hopefully one of the FT team will see this and maybe consider a revision at some point to beef up those hardpoints. IMO tying the left and right hardpoints together into a single piece would be a good place to start.

Sam
This seems to be a pretty common issue. Mine hasn't arrived yet but I'm guessing I'll have similar issues unfortunately.

leaded50

Legendary member
see if can put a plywood plate reinforcing inside, or between fuselage and landingear. Even if is a thin one it would help