FTFC23: Buildruary by Mutley

Mutley

Builds:

1. RCM Magnum 40 - FT foam board conversion.
2. TU-95 (144" wing span) already kind of started, possible point deduction, must check with the judges - hot wire foam cut with carbon skeleton
3. FT spitfire "VIC" - 3 FT spits connected via carbon tubes all flying as 3 airplanes in formation (counts as three planes?)
4. AIM-7 - Self powered prop/slot, flight controller, and stabileons conversion.

Attachments

• BloodySpitfireVicbloke.jpg
    BloodySpitfireVicbloke.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Mini-Tu-95.jpg
    Mini-Tu-95.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Magnum40 - no. 7-no.3.jpg
    Magnum40 - no. 7-no.3.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 0
  • AIM-7 Profile2.PNG
    AIM-7 Profile2.PNG
    98.3 KB · Views: 0

Mutley

Bloody Spitfire VIC Build (Michael Caine Voice effect) Build Log

Attachments

• Spit-Vic.JPG
    Spit-Vic.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Mutley

RCM Magnum 40 Build Log

I am updating the progress in the build log link, please follow the thread in this link !

Last edited:

Mutley

Let me understand this... you're making an RC missile? How cool is that! :cool:(y)

EDF? How big is this thing going to be?

It is an 88% scale AIM-7. The "Build" is a servo, flight controller, and power plant upgrade. Last year I towed it unpowered, uncontrolled, into combat, but got signal blocked and crashed the tow plane.

I'm using a slot and prop combo or might put two race drone motors out on carbon tubes on the trailing edge of the main fins.. TBD

@Inq how do I link my builds in the bottom of my posts like you have?

Inq

Elite member
It is an 88% scale AIM-7. The "Build" is a servo, flight controller, and power plant upgrade. Last year I towed it unpowered, uncontrolled, into combat, but got signal blocked and crashed the tow plane.

I'm using a slot and prop combo or might put two race drone motors out on carbon tubes on the trailing edge of the main fins.. TBD

@Inq how do I link my builds in the bottom of my posts like you have?

I never thought about a missile before. I think that sound really cool! Especially at FliteFest... you'll be able to keep up with it being so different.

1675358862931.png

Gets you to your signature page... and it uses the same editor as doing a post. So... anything goes.

Inq

Elite member
Almost anything goes; there is a character limit. If you have a lot of links, it can fill up fast.
Good to know... Maybe I can use one of the URL shorteners. Or the easier way for me... simply remove the ones that are no longer flyable. :oops:

Mutley

@FoamyDM Thanks sir. I am sprinting to the finish, that Tu-95 looks like its going to be a tad late. The Spit Vic I'm still making the truss, Missile might be ready to maiden tomorrow morning.

Mutley

Trying for the AIM 7 maiden this afternoon before the sun goes down. Haven't even touched the TU-Bear yet...

Mutley

Well I got two planes done. The Magnum and the AIM 7, Still working the Spitfire VIC and TU-95...TBD.