Giant WW2 Sea Duck plans

Jeremiah M

Hey everyone so as a big project I wanted to do a 200% Sea duck with a World War II theme. That included ball turrets, a bomb bay and possible air soft guns inside the wing. For the first time I tried sizing up the plans by 200% in ink scape and the parts are not seeming to want to match up. Any advice on scaling it correctly or if anyone is willing to share the plans that would be super helpful.

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
Hey everyone so as a big project I wanted to do a 200% Sea duck with a World War II theme. That included ball turrets, a bomb bay and possible air soft guns inside the wing. For the first time I tried sizing up the plans by 200% in ink scape and the parts are not seeming to want to match up. Any advice on scaling it correctly or if anyone is willing to share the plans that would be super helpful.
grifflyer explains it pretty well
All my plans are done in full size sheets, you can still print them with a regular household printer if you use Adobe Reader. All you have to do is open up the plans in Adobe Reader and select print. After the print window opens up there should be a section in the middle of the window labeled "Page Sizing & Handling" right below that there should be options to choose between "Size" "Poster" "Multiple" and "Booklet" You are going to want to select the "Poster" option. Next, ensure your tile scale is set to 100%, your overlap is set at 0.005 in. and that you have the "Tile only large pages" option selected. You can also select "Cut marks" which will make taping the sheets of paper together easier, but it will increase your page count from 8 to 12. Lastly, go down to the bottom of the print window and click print.
only thing different is set tile scale to 200%

Jeremiah M

grifflyer explains it pretty well
All my plans are done in full size sheets, you can still print them with a regular household printer if you use Adobe Reader. All you have to do is open up the plans in Adobe Reader and select print. After the print window opens up there should be a section in the middle of the window labeled "Page Sizing & Handling" right below that there should be options to choose between "Size" "Poster" "Multiple" and "Booklet" You are going to want to select the "Poster" option. Next, ensure your tile scale is set to 100%, your overlap is set at 0.005 in. and that you have the "Tile only large pages" option selected. You can also select "Cut marks" which will make taping the sheets of paper together easier, but it will increase your page count from 8 to 12. Lastly, go down to the bottom of the print window and click print.
only thing different is set tile scale to 200%
Well so I actually sized them up in Inkscape and then printed them at a shop with full size blue print paper. I don’t think I scale is the problem either as it is a mathematical software. When sizing up plans do certain parts need to be changed or should it be able to just all size up the same and fit.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Well so I actually sized them up in Inkscape and then printed them at a shop with full size blue print paper. I don’t think I scale is the problem either as it is a mathematical software. When sizing up plans do certain parts need to be changed or should it be able to just all size up the same and fit.
the slots for foamboard need to be twice as small unless you are using twice the thickness foamboard

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
Ok that makes sense