Goblin vs Flerken....Go

SSgt Duramax

I want to build a plank plane. I am fresh out of F pack motors. I do have a B pack, and an odd motor I bought from RDQ which was on sale for 6 dollars, it is a 2210/1500kv, so it a BF pack.

Anywho, has anyone flown both? If so, which one do you like more? The flerken looks cooler, but is a little more complex. I would plan on scaling up the goblin a touch as it will obviously have the powah! Mainly, which one flies better?

Discuss.

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
I want to build a plank plane. I am fresh out of F pack motors. I do have a B pack, and an odd motor I bought from RDQ which was on sale for 6 dollars, it is a 2210/1500kv, so it a BF pack.

Anywho, has anyone flown both? If so, which one do you like more? The flerken looks cooler, but is a little more complex. I would plan on scaling up the goblin a touch as it will obviously have the powah! Mainly, which one flies better?

Discuss.
@Mid7night

tamuct01

I flew my Goblin on a Emax 2205 2300KV with 5x5x3 prop and it was great! It would scream around, but also slow down very well. It met its demise while trying to surf the wind on a breezy day close to the ground. When the wind gust stopped, so did the plane! :cry:

I would think the Goblin or the Flerken would be ok on that motor with a bit larger prop.

SSgt Duramax

I flew my Goblin on a Emax 2205 2300KV with 5x5x3 prop and it was great! It would scream around, but also slow down very well. It met its demise while trying to surf the wind on a breezy day close to the ground. When the wind gust stopped, so did the plane! :cry:

I would think the Goblin or the Flerken would be ok on that motor with a bit larger prop.

Yeah, this is a bigger motor than a F pack, and I have some 8x6 props and some 7x5s too.

I have been using 6x4.5x3 props with sunny sky 2207x2100kv motors, and I have one on a 650g wing and it hauls. This motor isn't much heavier and should work well. My other 2 F pack motors are tied up on an idiotic plane I am building. I have 2 odd sized motors I have impulse bought that were extremely cheap. I also have a 2808 1500kv motor that will be fun to play with as well.