Got Facebook? Let's flood the FAA's page with our thoughts!

Dreamwalker

Less than 250 Grams!
I don't know Pat.
I just checked the FAA FB page and could not find your comment. Maybe they deleted it? Maybe the now have it on a "special" list reserved just for trouble makers.:p

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
We need a chant like the anti-war protesters in the 60's.

"Say Hey FAA Don't Regulate My Hobby Away!"

StuartPB

Whilst I'm not affected by the new legislation due to being on the right side of the pond, I found some of the comments left on the FAA's FB page a bit snooty in attitude towards multi rotor models, as if the authors of those comments held multi rotor flight in very low esteem. You can argue the toss all you like about the validity or merits of the new registration scheme but one or two of the comments I read are more likely to do more lasting damage than what the FAA has or is going to do. It shows division within the hobbyist community and also some sense of elitism too. Those who wrote such pearlers as this should be ashamed of their attitude and they certainly need knocking down a peg or two:

I'm paying for AMA insurance, AMA says wait I'm going to wait !!! and NOI don't fly drones I fly radio controlled airplanes and helicopters there's a difference !!! Hold the people that own a quadcopter accountable, or pull the things off the market and leave the rest of us alone.

Yes there is a difference between the types of models we fly, but we are all supposed to be part of the same community. It smacks of passing the buck to me. I've seen fixed wing model pilots taking stupid risks, flying FPV without a spotter, flying too low and over people etc. etc. The idiots aren't just attracted to multi rotors. Even if they were, how many of those idiots will end up bored of their "toys" and move on to fixed wing etc. I'd be willing to bet it would be enough to worry the elitist and snooty gits!