Greetings from a veteran RC modeler from the UK

Thomas_Brown

Hello everyone my name is Thomas Brown. I'm thrilled to be joining your community. I reside in the UK. Have been passionate, about radio controlled models for over 35 years. My journey started with cars expanded to include boats, airplanes and helicopters. Currently I have a collection of 20 model airplanes stored in my hangar on the lookout for fresh ideas to enhance them.

Recently I introduced an updated version of my legacy V2 model. Was truly amazed by its capabilities. Apart from that I also find joy, in constructing and customizing models while eagerly sharing my experiences with fellow enthusiasts.

I'm delighted to become a part of this community and eagerly anticipate exchanging knowledge and experiences with all of you!

The Fopster

Master member
Hi Thomas! Nice to have another UK based modeller to add to the group. It’s a very friendly and helpful group on here - pretty much the best such online community I’ve ever come across. Lots of inspiring ideas from a really good bunch of folks. 👍

Bricks

Master member
Foam is so much fun not having to worry about cost and beating the tar of them. I have almost more fun flying foam as I do my gas and glow planes.

Moekbrit

Hiya everyone I'm in UK by Liverpool is there any flite test clubs around this area.i would like to be around similar minded loonies sorry people I've built the spitfire. The a10.the edge 540 and 2otherbut not much success in flying. Not many places to fly.the clubs by me all seem to be flying gas powered obviously I'm flying my creations and probably not perfect. Like everyone starting off thanks in advance Maurice kelly

bisco

Elite member
welcome!
you might want to join a club that has a teacher and learn to fly properly. then you can fly your creations at any local athletic field

Bricks

Master member
WELLLLLL some of your first planes to learn on are not beginner friendly, build something like the Tiny Trainer or even the Storch if you want something bigger.