Gulf Stream G600

earl38

My nephew just tested out and is now flying a Gulf Stream G600. I would love to build one with the FT flare (out of foam board) in his honor, but haven’t the slightest idea how to go about designing the plans for it. Anyone want to take on the challenge? This would definitely be in line with the Master Series builds!
(please forgive me and point me in the right direction if this is the wrong place for this post)

Byrdman

I would start looking to see if there are any balsa plans out there and if so, convert to a foam build or at least give you an idea on how to move forward with general measurements.

leaded50

Legendary member
find a 3D view drawing, then you can rezise to what size you want, and you can take the measures needed.

earl38

Attachments

• 7B1BA9DE-BDAB-4299-ACE8-8085F5A8CC24.png
    7B1BA9DE-BDAB-4299-ACE8-8085F5A8CC24.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 0

earl38

I would start looking to see if there are any balsa plans out there and if so, convert to a foam build or at least give you an idea on how to move forward with general measurements.
Thanks. Nothing yet. Found a Lear Jet build… similar plane, but very different strategy than what I had in mind.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
My nephew just tested out and is now flying a Gulf Stream G600. I would love to build one with the FT flare (out of foam board) in his honor, but haven’t the slightest idea how to go about designing the plans for it. Anyone want to take on the challenge? This would definitely be in line with the Master Series builds!
(please forgive me and point me in the right direction if this is the wrong place for this post)
Ramy (RamyRC on YouTube) build one last year. He is a master artist, and did his with mounded carbon fiber, but it will give you some ideas.

leaded50

Legendary member
if looking at the 3D drawing you can se the main part of fuselage from behind a bit cockpit, to the start of motorcacelles, is just a plain cylinder in shape.The rear is mostly a angled cone. Its combinations on roundshaped foamboard cylinders, in different conestyles, and widt vs height. It must thoug gets reinforcings specially for wings attachment eg. It can be done, but with little skills in masterbuild style or fully scratchbuild... you gonna get a problem.