Help me? Chronicals of a guy who can't fly very well...

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Oh man its great. Probably have some more weight that can be shed, but it might do the trick.

How does sponz do his plans? And does he have the file for the tiny trainer? Wings and tail are 125%. Fuse is 100% jhst extended 5" in front of the leading edge. Rear of the fuse is cut where it would taper in. Powerpod slides in like it should be there. Rear wing tie down goes through the fuse where its marked and through the powerpod. The very front most leading edge of the tail is 8.5" back from the trailing edge of the wing. Twin booms are 4.25" from wing centerline and from vert stab. Can technically fit an 8" prop
I found the thread I mentioned previously.

See:- https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/ft-tiny-trainer-mighty-mini.17059/page-6#post-353001

Have fun!

PlaY80

This looks good , I don't know if switching to your new design will be better for you. You are happy now because it is flying but in a short time you will feel the need to go back to standard plane shape and you will crash again. Maybe adding some dihedral to the wing and stay on 3 channel will make you more "happy". I have build and crashed more then 5 scouts , after that I told myself that something needs to be changed … I have build something out of my head (pusher stile) more like FT Explorer , I had a Lidl glider and "copy" it out of polystyrene with a motor mount behind the wing . That didn't work out to well for me because I was used with something more faster and unpredictable … of course I crashed it because I was working the controls like I was flying a heavy scout ...

LE: Experimenting with new materials and wing/fuselage shape to find your needs could help you find your flying stile ...

Attachments

• IMG_20180729_171843.jpg
    IMG_20180729_171843.jpg
    902 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

xunedeinx

Behold. Low wing tiny trainer. Powered nose extended 2 inches. 125% wing shortened to standard sport wing legnth. Sewn hinges all around. About 340g all up minus the battery. Debating putting landing gear on.

I feel like I've created something great. 2206 2600kv motor, 30a esc, 9g servos all around, 6045 prop but tempted to try my 8030 prop. Either 850mah 3s or 2000mah 18650 2s.
20180810_133642.jpg
20180810_135440.jpg