How did I miss this Lidl glider???

Hondo76251

Legendary member
The Lidl glider I built is a bit too much plane for my youngest son's first flights and I defiantly needed some more tuning on the rates for him to even have a chance at flying but, all in all, he did manage a few good turns. Not bad for a first time!

I haven't yet got the Lidl BlackBird quite dialed in like I have my Twin Hawkeye, but I'm getting there! The more I fly it the better I'm getting with it (FPV) Its just so darn floaty (not to mention quite a bit more powerful) than the little HawkEye and with its larger size I'm not as brave with darting between trees yet but I did manage a few good lines before my son won the "Glider Combat" challenge with me! :ROFLMAO: The Lidl BlackBird is proving to be quite durable. I've had several pretty good crashes and I've yet to break so much as a prop!

Don't mind the music, was playing with the editor! lol

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Ok, this thing is asking to be converted into RC.

The $$$ is the only thing making me second guess ordering one. Looks awesome tho. I can picture putting a 3D printed pod on top, kinda like the FT Sea Otter.

You are correct sir...

This thing is BEGGING to be RC!

20190628_215329.jpg

I'll post more when I get a video done! Its way too cool... lol

20190628_215837.jpg

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Wait, you bought one?? Ugh, I'm jealous now... You HAVE to make a dedicated thread on your build and flights. I'm excited to see how it goes for you.

I have a rough idea of how I'm going to do the build, got some electronics on the way for it. Definitely going to be an FPV platform!

Now if only I had a 3d printer... :unsure:

kdobson83

I have a rough idea of how I'm going to do the build, got some electronics on the way for it. Definitely going to be an FPV platform!

Now if only I had a 3d printer... :unsure:
WARNING - 3d printers are addicting and a whole new hobby. I got sucked into em. Nothing like being able to design/print your own stuff. Very gratifying.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Best response ever to being called a nutter. Wasn't sure where you were going with that. Glad it ended peacefully.

Lol... well I do forget that there are people on here who probably dont find conversations about guns as normal as we do here! :ROFLMAO: I was only trying to say that this is a cheap hobby in comparison! Perhaps I should have used my sailboat as a more "non 'Murican" friendly conversation :unsure: :LOL:

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I can say that the Lidl BlackBird has turned out to be quite durable! I have yet to have any major repairs. Worst damage so far was pulling a firewall loose. I haven't even broken a prop yet! (knock on wood)

(knocking on wood, ironically, thats how I dislodged my firewall! :ROFLMAO:)

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I know this is a bit of an older thread, but after crashing 2 FT builds that I couldn't get to fly, I'm looking to get into a glider conversion first. I made an offer on an antique 54" foam glider on eBay, but if that fails, I found this: https://www.banggood.com/FX-707-120...-p-1453788.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN Looks like it's on a pretty good sale. Might be worth trying to convert?
Looks good!!! It's EPO so not as tough as EPP but a lighter material. I expect it will make for a super conversion!

Well, it was a bit windy today but I couldn't resist...

Stayed up late last night playing with the AS3x and felt like I had a pretty good tune on it so I couldn't wait to try it out!

Love that twin,, have a clone from amazon..no it’s daddys flyers, anyway wanted to duplicate your mounts and nacelles any help appreciated..do you have the ability to print mounts? Really like the nacelles.
Thanks ,Chlp

Hondo76251

Legendary member
have a clone from amazon..no it’s daddys flyers

I picked one of those up a while back, have not finished it yet. They seem to be a bit better than the banggood ones I have, certainly a stronger tail section.

do you have the ability to print mounts?

3d printer is next on my list!

Those nacelles are just rolled black dollar tree foam board, hotel key card firewall, and a cowl cut from a small bottle and painted black...

I picked one of those up a while back, have not finished it yet. They seem to be a bit better than the banggood ones I have, certainly a stronger tail section.

3d printer is next on my list!

Those nacelles are just rolled black dollar tree foam board, hotel key card firewall, and a cowl cut from a small bottle and painted black...
They look way cool though!

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I know this is a bit of an older thread, but after crashing 2 FT builds that I couldn't get to fly, I'm looking to get into a glider conversion first. I made an offer on an antique 54" foam glider on eBay, but if that fails, I found this: https://www.banggood.com/FX-707-120...-p-1453788.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN Looks like it's on a pretty good sale. Might be worth trying to convert?
Just now seeing your post, did you ever order this one? I just did a few weeks ago, haven't recieved it yet.