How do you put a 1s Lipo into storage?

Padroo

I have a brand new Hitec X4 AC Pro that I bought and it work well. I returned from a fun fly yesterday and put all my 2S and 3S batteries into storage and the I thought what about my little 1S packs for my small toy quad. The Hitec charger has a setting for 1S but there is no way to connect a balance plug since there is none and all I could do was connect up to the Plus and Minus on the charger which doesn't work. I could drain them down to an acceptable storage level with a home made device like a light bulb but after spending over $200 for a charger that is suppose to do the job I though I could do four at a time if I could figure how to do it. I have the other Hitec X4 micro multi charger also but all it does is charge 1S batteries and there is no way do put them into storage after use. Any ideas?

TazRC

Obsession, not hobby
Do you have the option to adjust charge "end" or "stop" voltage on 1S? If so you can fly or discharge them down and then charge up to 3.8 or 3.85V. I believe all Hitec chargers are just rebranded SkyRC so you might be able to search for the equivalent SkyRC model and see what folks are doing to store 1S.

http://www.skyrc.com

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Try building a simple discharger using a lamp of suitable rating and a battery monitor/alarm.

When the voltage drops to the set voltage the alarm sounds and you then must disconnect both and put the battery away.

I prefer and swear by storage in a refrigerator. The low temp slows the internal chemical reactions, reduces internal temp and gas generation and in my case allows for the extension of the time a battery can be stored fully charged without damage.

Just what works for me!

Have fun!