I have a few more questions about the D2822/14 Brushless Outrunner 1450kv help

Spence

Hi all, I hope when I get enough money saved up, I will really be surprised about the power output on this motor on a 3cell. well also I am running an 18a plush, so I hope no overheating. Hobbyking recommends to swing a bigger 8x6 prop on a 2cell, and a 7x4.5 on a 3cell. Could I still run an 8043 gws prop on a 3cell? Or will I have to go to a smaller prop? I mean the specs are almost the same in thrust as my current motor Specs:
Kv: 1300rpm/v
Max Load: 7.5A
No Load Current: 0.7A
Suggested Lipo: 3 cell 11.1v
Thrust: 400g+
Suggested Prop: 8x3.8
Weight: 20g

Sorry for all the questions guys

Thanks,
Spence

T-Richard

been running 8034 on those with 20amp esc for a bit now without issues. The motor can take it just keep an eye on esc temperature

Spence

Wait have you been running the D2822/14 Brushless Outrunner 1450kv with a 3cell and 8043 props? Also will this motor be significantly more powerful than a hxt 1300kv motor?

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
It will have more torque and a little more speed. Depending on what you're pulling with it, it may or may not make a significant difference. I would however, stay away from constant WOT until you make a few test flights to check for hot components like T-Richard said...

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Youll be just fine on your 8x 4 props spence trust me i ran them for a long time on 3d profiles and my 80% Ft birds. The only time ive gotten a esc warm is on the 7x6 apc WOT the hole time

jayz 84

Ill do you one better when i get the time tonight ill amp and watt test that setup for you and give you the reading

Spence

Thanks, So you will be using an 8043 prop, and a D2822/14 Brushless Outrunner 1450kv, and a 3s?

jayz 84

Thanks, So you will be using an 8043 prop, and a D2822/14 Brushless Outrunner 1450kv, and a 3s?

Yep ill will run that setup for you. But yes a meter is one of the best tools you can have if you plan to stay in this hobby and go crazy like most of use;) and allso its best to get 30amp esc's to keep you covered for most of the motors you will ever use. future advice

T-Richard

sadly my wattmeter doesn't work so I can't say what my amp draw is. That's why I've used the classic touch test the determine the relative safety of this combination.

Spence

@TEAJR66 yes it is that same orange striped nutball that I am trying to make super fast. The only real limiting factor in speed with this thing is the prop and the motor. 2014-10-18 20.33.05.jpg

I know I need to soon move on but I hope the D2822/14 Brushless Outrunner 1450kv makes this thing significantly faster. And yes Jayz84, I will eventually get a 30amp esc, as you said it will satisfy all the needs you would ever want in terms of power lol. I will just pickup a 30amp plush off of ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turnigy-Plu...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20d9d29723

Last edited:

jayz 84

@TEAJR66 yes it is that same orange striped nutball that I am trying to make super fast. The only real limiting factor in speed with this thing is the prop and the motor. View attachment 33952

I know I need to soon move on but I hope the D2822/14 Brushless Outrunner 1450kv makes this thing significantly faster. And yes Jayz84, I will eventually get a 30amp esc, as you said it will satisfy all the needs you would ever want in terms of power lol. I will just pickup a 30amp plush off of ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turnigy-Plu...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20d9d29723

Thats great man. But one thing... if you want more speed you have to lose the SF props.. yes you can get some descent speed out of them with good thrust. But your working the motor harder to achieve that. You need apc props for good speed and they draw less amps. That 1450kv motor depending on airframe can get you around the 40s+ with a 7x4- 7x6 apc. thatll move that nutball with ease and give you some great speed

Bolvon72

Mentor
I run this motor on an 18 amp with 3s and an 8x4 WOT pretty much constantly with my Bloody Wonder. Never had an issue. With a 2s 9x5 works fine. (I have run it up on a meter, I just don't remember what numbers I got exactly, but they were within a safe range.)