Its Friday!! Any flight plans this weekend?

LunarModz

Hello,

I was sitting at work, already watching the clock for quitting time and just felt like reaching out. Yesterday i found a flying club that is literally 5 minutes from my home. Stopped by just to see if anyone would be out there and sure enough 2 guys were out flying! one guy was flying his Nitro Stick while the other guy had a Biplane foamie as well as a 400 sized heli.

Being new to the hobby, they allowed me to watch from the flight line with them and answered any questions i could think to ask, unfortunately that wasnt as many as i can think to ask now since i was pretty mesmorized in just watching the planes fly.

I am planning to go back out there this weekend to see what else i can find! anyone else got any big flight plans this weekend?

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
yep

arrx2EV.png

LunarModz

very nice...seeing as i only have a champ and a duet...my stack of batteries would look a lot less impressive, lol

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Oh yeah- Batteries ready to go. Field charger system ready to go. A couple of fresh planes to fly and a wing to maiden.
Gonna start early to beat the heat.
We are loosing our sod farm due to urban sprawl.
Gonna fly as many times as I can there this summer.
There's other places to fly, but nothing nicer than the sod farm.
The real problem for us is finding a new place for our twice a year combat swarm events.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Pulled out my old trainer today and fueled up.
Started on the first flip! - After about a year in the shed.
2 flights this evening in 10-14 m/s wind.

Freaky_1

old headcase
Well today was my weekend and the first with good weather in a while. After 3 flightless weeks, I finally got to fly. Flew the first DTFB bird I ever built. Put a little time on Slightly Batty (currently in recovery from the first round of surgery) and for the first time since before joining FT, I flew 2 glow bugs. Specifically, my 4 star 40 that demanded flight time before it left for its new home (where it will almost certainly be a wall decoration) and my old Lion trainer. Flew the last quart or so of glow fuel I had and intend to ever have.

Gonna re-cover the trainer and repower with electric.
Still considering diesel conversation for some of the other glow engines.

Frank

bacpck

Yes, I should be flying a Nutball or a Delta both days this weekend.

Today I got to go out to a local club for the first time ever. Pretty sweet only one guy out there, lol smallest plane had a wingspan of over 55". Had a great time talking and even flew the Nutball in a pretty high wind. Had a servo going out or something on the Flyer so it was grounded.

Going to start on the Blunt Nose Versa this weekend and probably a Bloody Wonder.

Last edited:

SteevyT

Just finished up installing most of my new video transmitter. OSD appear to be non-functional though. It's in a somewhat modified Blunt Nose Versa. I have tricycle landing gear on it which makes for neat take offs, landing without nosing over is tricky in grass.