Just bought some fpv stuff and a larger battery... help me

malmgrdc

Picked up/ordered some great stuff today...

Dominator V3s
5.8 ghz module for Dominators with race
IBcrazy clover leafs
immersionrc 600 mW Tx
fatshark 16:9 960 TVL camera (to match the Dominators)

Should I get a separate battery for the FPV or will it have a cable to connect to my balance port on the flight battery?

Also, I picked up a 2200 mAh 3s 20c battery. Is this battery going to be beneficial to the Sportsman S+ and FPV system or is 20c too low? They guy and I at the store kind of took a stab in the dark, neither of us really knew. I can always return it.

Jordan3367

Hi,
No, you should not need a seperate battery for FPV. It takes very little power and should connect to your current battery.

For your Sportsman S+, the 2200 should work just fine. It might be slightly heavier, but it should give you much longer flight time. 20c is probably plenty for that plane.
Good luck with your purchases!

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hey Malmgrdc!
Looking forward to seeing how everything comes together! Sounds like you have a nice setup going there! Good luck and enjoy that FPV experience...nothin like it!

Blessings,
Stefan

malmgrdc

Where to tap for input power to FPV Transmitter???

I have a few ideas but I want to know how and where the best spots are, to tap in to power for my ImmersionRC FPV Transmitter??

malmgrdc

cambalanceharness.jpg

(Everything has heat shrink on it, this was while I was making it)

So, I made a connection that will connect the 2 pin molex connector (for the ImmersionRC Tx power input) to a power filter that I ordered that will connect to the balance lead of the flight battery. I also soldered in a female 3s unfiltered balance lead connection so I could play with the FPV gear in the house off of a 3s lipo with no filter. Much to my demise, my FatShark battery for the Dominator V3 headset is dead and I don't have a charger with a discharge port. I ordered the FatShark charger for the headset for $9.99. Why couldn't they just toss this in and tack an extra $5 to the final price?! Didn't feel like driving 2 hours round trip to pick up a $100 charger that I don't necessarily need at the moment. I'll wait for UPS on Tuesday. I powered on the transmitter and had everything going last night, so that test is SAT. Now I am waiting on a spare FatShark Dominator V3 battery and the charger for those batteries. Can't wait to fly FPV in the Dominators!!!

Last edited: