Look at this amazing drone which support different kinds of camera gimbals!

Monica Yang

GDU Universal Flying Platform

GDU (former company name ProDrone) was firstly introduced to public at IBC, Amsterdam on September 11, 2015 as the first foldable quadcopter manufacturer in the world.*
Except for the portability, Byrd has the universal flying platform, which enables Byrd compatible with 1080P, Gopro, 4K, thermal camera, ILDC (Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera) gimbal,10 times zooming gimbal camera and one button stretching gimbal & camera; hence it saves*the Byrd*owners the cost of changing a camera.

In addition, Byrd has following features:
1.Byrd adopts PC engineering plastic, which enables Byrd to be fireproof, rainproof and resistant at 40℃*and 95% humidity; and to endure maximum 55℃*in summers and minimum -15℃*in winters.
Please watch this testing video. *https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DjgeYIHOBA*

2. Byrd’s size is 450*500*255mm and its diagonal size is 622mm when unfolded; its net weight is 1890g. This design enables Byrd to resist 29-38km/h level wind.
3. Byrd has large capacity battery (14.8V, 6700mAh, 99.4Wh) and strong propulsion system, which enables Byrd to fly for 29 minutes; the maximum take-off weight is 3.8kg; maximum load weight is 2.0 kg.*

4. The canister comes with Premium 1.0 & 2.0 can deliver valuable materials no more than 300g.
5. Double protection design for propellers;
6. Dual remote controller.
7. Byrd Premium 2.0 with*OFDM downlinks System, transmission distance is 2km.

* *8. GDU Mobile SDK, Payload and Remote Controller allow consumers to customize different functions according to different usage scenario. For more information about GDU Open Platform Program, please kindly visit*http://www.gdu-tech.com/en/#/byrd/openplateform*

What do you guys think?
Looking forward to your comments!

Last edited by a moderator:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Hello Monica,
That is quite a detailed description of that product. I see this is your first post and was curious about your experience in the hobby. Where do you fly?

Welcome to the forum.
—Jim

Monica Yang

Hi Jim,

Thanks. I live in China, and fly my drones in China. I take my drone with me when I travel though.
I didn't have too much experience in drones, it's only been around 1 year since I flew my first drone which was a quite small size racing drone toy :D
I flew GDU Byrd, Mavic, Phantom3,4p, and tried dobby once. I do love all the cool functionalities DJI has with their drones,and the image and video taken by Phantom are amazing.

GDU Byrd is special in its own way, I like the way the drone fold together, it's just easier for a female "pilot"(I feel so unsure about calling myself as a pilot for the lack of enough flying experience :roll eyes:) to carry with. What I think it's great is the whole open platform idea of theirs. I can actually fly my own camera instead of theirs. I own a Gopro Hero 4 session and a SONY RX100. It feels good to fly my own cameras:D

I'm very new to this forum, or, to any forums. I guess I need to introduce me first before posting anything, lesson learnt :cool:

-Monica

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Thank you Monica for following up with some info. I would like to ask another question. Do you work for GDU? If you do that is fine and we can keep your thread on the forum but there is a place for merchants and I can move it there if that is the case. If not I would like to welcome you again and encourage you to post videos and tell us about any projects you might be doing and people with whom you might be sharing the hobby.

Monica Yang

Hi Jim,

Yes, I currently work for GDU. Thanks for clarify everything.
I do fly different brand of drones, but most videos and pictures are just for me, never posted them in any forums. I'm still learning how to edit videos ;) Anyway, I'll only post my projects here.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Welcome to the forums!

Happy to have industry reps participate in the discussions here, and if you fly anything you qualify as a pilot - no expertise level necessary.

That Byrd design looks very interesting - and with DJI continuing to release firmware updates that lock users out of using their products in perfectly legal situations, other manufacturer options for aerial platforms are a good thing to have.

Also, please do post or link to some of your pics and videos - there is a whole sub-forum here for videos, and we'd love to see China through a drone's eye view. :)

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Exactly my thoughts. There is definitely value to having a company representative active in the fourm, value to both sides.

Monica, if you are posting to promote your product then yes, please keep them in the Merchan't Corner (I will move this thread there). If you have other posts or questions that are not aimed at promoting your product such as flight tips, video recording tips, technical questions, etc. you may post elsewhere in the forum as any other community hobbyist.

You're not the first company rep to join our community but we don't have many in China. Like rockyboy said, there will be interest in what we get to see of China through your posts.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I think anyone that makes an AP ship that does not claim rights to all the video YOU shoot will be making out better then DJI in very short order. Pretty bad when the builders of spy drones are spying on the spies THEN thieving their spying :p

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Yep - was hearing some chatter at our last club meeting of guys being frustrated with their DJI platforms and talking about keeping them from connecting to WIFI so they don't get forced into the latest firmware update. As a consumer they want control over when/what to upgrade since they bought and own the hardware.

This funny business of 'you can buy the hardware, but you only license the software temporarily and we retain full authority to update/change/monitor all software' is not something we appreciate. If GDU approaches this differently, it would be a good thing for us.