Micro sized FPV quadcopters / multirotors

DutchRC

Hi there people :)

in this topic I'll be reviewing several micro-sized quadcopter, and possibly allso hexacopters.. I'll add to this topic as I test newer quads when they hit the market :)

I'll allso do some video's with FPV races between the different quads I test :)

First up, is my presentation & FPV flight-demo of the Blade Nano QX FPV by Horizon Hobbies:

And the second contender is... The JJRC H6D FPV :)
Link to the JJRC H6D

The 3rd contender then! The Hubsan H107D FPV :)

and the 3rd contender in this series then! :) This time it's the Hubsan H107D FPV

Link to this quadcopter: CLICK

Last edited:

DutchRC

Time for the second contender in this series then! :D
The JJRC H6D FPV. At the moment I write this, it's a pretty new FPV quad, and I got it from Banggood: Link to the JJRC H6D

Here is my unboxing of this quad With a flight demo and FPV-recording :)

DutchRC

and the 3rd contender in this series then! :) This time it's the Hubsan H107D FPV

Link to this quadcopter: CLICK

Here is my unboxing of this quad With a flight demo and FPV-recording :)

jipp

im assuming cold is comming your way soon, hence indoor flying. :D is this what started your quest for the micro quads? i do like my nano qx.. even if its not FPV.

i bought some 180mah battery's for my nano big improvement.. iv been wanting try some 200mah i seen but ill wait till these battery's are dead. i buy about 8 battery's at a time.. so i can get decent amount of flying which out having to wait for charging all the time.. also bought one of the boards that can charge 6 1s battersy at a time. works well. even tho i would be afraid of fire or shorten life with my 3s battery's but these cheap 1s i do not care.. they are prety bullet proof in my limited experience so far.
chris.

Last edited:

DutchRC

Well.. To be honnest I don't care about the cold much (offcourse I prefer sunny weather ;))

so far I do like the Nano QX best, though the camera is CRAP :D haha.. I'll do a video about 2 lipo options for it soon :)
I've tried the Nano Tech 160 & Nano Tech 200 so far.. The sweet spot seems to be the 160mah.. On the 200mah it has the longest flight-time offcourse, but the quad feels a bit more sluggish, and things get warmer..

The way to get flight-time on it, is to just have More lipo's.. That way the electronics have time to cool down between lipo's as well :)

jipp

sounds like the 180mah im using ill just get again.. iv had zero issues with heat with them..

i moved to the desert because the doctor said it be good for my bones.. but i sure do miss the woods.

chris.

DutchRC

Wow.. THAT is quite a change then for sure! Feel any better then??

Are you using Turnigy Nano Tech 180's? (those aren't available over here in the EU).. But if they work well for you, indeed just get a slew of them :)
Any heavier and I'm sure you'll see motor / ESC failures sooner then later..

jipp

naw, these are the ones im talking about.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lectron-Pro...586310?hash=item54073b66c6:g:JHsAAOSw2s1UsYNF

my health is so bad.. at this point i think i would be better off in my old stomping ground.. even if the cold made things hard.. it be good therapy to be back in the woods for a day hike near the woods were i grew up with my longbow, acoustic guitar, sack lunch, and now a quad!.

but ill probably die here so i will just enjoy our warm winters best i can. laughs.
chris.

DutchRC

To be honnest.. I'd go for Tunigy nano tech's.. Generally those are lighter and provide more power then 'off brand' lipo's..

That doesn't sound overly positive mate.. At least you've got a quad though :p