Mighty Mini NX Cub

Mighty Mini NX Cub 1.0

Please log in to download

Taildragger

Legendary member
Taildragger submitted a new resource:

Mighty Mini NX Cub - Mini Bush Trainer- with a Nosewheel!

CubCrafters new NX Cub brings you great flying qualities of any cub, with the excellent ground handling of a Tricycle landing gear. This Mini version is a wonderful 30" trainer that is a little more advanced in build but has (hopefully) amazing flying tendencies. Keeping it simple with a box-sided fuselage and two-piece hotwire cut wing, this 3 channel relaxing flyer should be a quick build for experienced scratch builders

Read more about this resource...

Taildragger

Legendary member
do you have any pics?
4900C37F-24B8-404F-A682-400B2F1F60BA.jpeg

1652674187883.png

william Metge

To anyone building this, I need to fly it first but I think the rudder is too small
I build a similar cub about a month ago and I had to increase the rudder by 20%, by the looks of the pics and the plans I think that the rudder size will need to be increased. Did you try flying it yet?

Taildragger

Legendary member
I build a similar cub about a month ago and I had to increase the rudder by 20%, by the looks of the pics and the plans I think that the rudder size will need to be increased. Did you try flying it yet?
I did and it flew good until I added power. (way too much right thrust) also until my esc shorted the battery... that wasn't fun :oops:
but in short it glided (glode?) just like any other well made RC cub I've flown.

william Metge

I did and it flew good until I added power. (way too much right thrust) also until my esc shorted the battery... that wasn't fun :oops:
but in short it glided (glode?) just like any other well made RC cub I've flown.
That sounds good, I'll make sure to take note of the thrust angle when I build my own.

Taildragger

Legendary member
2in. I'll be coming out with a new version soon as this one didn't fly so great and ended with a little bit of fire.