Update.... I just got back this evening from a business trip and went right to my 3D printer and printed a flush motor mount. I installed it, checked the weight and balance, and now instead of needing 50g of weight in the nose, I now only need 48g . The 3D printed motor mounts eliminate the foam board power pod, and weighs 13g. The other motor mount that stuck out a bit weighed 15g. Both probably weigh a bit more than the 3/16 recommended piece of wood. The only other thing different is that I'm using 9g metal gear servos weighing 13g each vs. the recommended 5g servos weighing 4g each each. I can understand adding maybe 20-25g in the nose but just can't understand why each time I build one it's so blasted tail heavy. With 6 other real airplanes to fly, getting this one to fly right is now just a matter of principle. LOL.