My $10 chuck glider converted to EDF rc

mountaindewdude76

I finally got around to doing the maiden on my rc chuck glider. I had the electronics in my parts bin. The parts that I used were two 9 gram servos, Spektrum AR6115e rx, Turnigy Plush 40amp esc, 64mm edf (I don't remember the numbers on the motor), and a 3S 2200mah lipo. I'm just using elevon control surfaces on the tail. I wanted to keep all the electronics and wires on the fuselage so that the wings were easily removable and attachable so that it was easy to transport and store.

My wife and daughter came to the field with me for the maiden. I gave the plane a few glide tests to see that it would or would not glide. It did glide but it rolled to the right and nosed up slightly. So I gave it some left aileron trim and some down elevator trim. After a smoother 3rd glide test, I tossed the plane with the edf at about 60% throttle and it just took off. I learned quickly that my thrust angle needs to be pointed more downwards. Apparently I have it very neutral and the plane wants to nose up when I give full throttle but it glides very very well when the motor is off. So...we'll make some adjustments and we'll try again.

Here is the flight video:

I attached a picture below

Attachments

• converted chuck glider.jpg
    converted chuck glider.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 0