Nano- tecH puffy

8 weeks ago I disposed of a half dozen Nano-tech batteries due to all of them had puffed seriously . They were several different discharge rates all the way to 90c. In fact the higher discharge rated batteries puffed first. This was over this summer and I used them way past the time I should have trashed them. I replaced them with plain turnegy (blue)25-35c batteries an flying them on the same plane have not experienced the same problems. The highest current draw of my planes in a static test is 24amps. I do not balance my batteries each time but I check the voltage of each cell regularly both on my charger and with other testers even borrow other high rated testers from time to time at the club. I read other posts and they seem to like these batteries. I'm not knocking HK I'm loyal customer , just trying to find out what's going on. I know some people can fly a battery and puff it in one flight but I'm from the era when we could only get 15 or 20 c rated lipos for $70 and tend to go easy on batteries.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I made the mistake of leaving mine in the car one summer day for an hour or two... they puffed.

But this IS Florida. Might as well have stuck them in an oven.

510thousandths

Just someone else.
Mentor
the only nano-tech batteries I've used are for the nano qx. I only used one..it puffed after a couple charges. Did some reading and found that they are great for a few charges, then go down hill quickly. YMMV, but I won't buy any more. The standard turnigy batteries work just fine for me. I have one 3s that is almost as thick as it is wide, but still works great! I expected to die at Flight Fest during the NASBWAC, but it just keeps going.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Yes, I've tried them... My over all impression is that they are no better than the normal batts. In fact, I had a "B-grade" battery last through more cycles than the nano-tech. It was never as "punchy" but I did get more reliable use out of it.