Need new ESC + Motors

mavrik12

The title says it all. I'm looking for new esc and motors for my 250 mini quad. I fly freestyle fpv mostly.
I would like to get kiss esc but I'm a bit concerned about the fire problem + the price. Other than that I don't know what ESC to go for.

The motors I was thinking of
Cobra: The problem with theses if finding some.
http://www.getfpv.com/motors/cobra-cm-2204-2300kv-motor.html

Or the new Luminer: Bit more pricey but I can get them.
http://www.getfpv.com/lumenier-rx2204-14-2300kv.html

If you know of a motor, or esc you think would work let me know.

jipp

i can recomend ESC.. i say go with DYS N20A BHeli. or roto 20A ESC.

motors, iv given up on the idea of using cobras.. not worth the head of getting a set.. so i just use emax.. i have a set of RCX on the way to try too.

but sounds like you want the best.. so i would throw out T-motors too.

roto esc - http://rotorgeeks.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=34_43

you can get the dys n20 bheli anywhere.

chris.

Last edited:

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Of course with any flying craft, it all depends what you want.

After the quality of the motor and the response of the ESC debate is over, the refinement of motor size and ESC amp limit also extends to the mini quad FPV. IF you want good acceleration and high speed, you want a larger can and stator with larger props, like 0645s, that is high KV and can handle at least 4S, but you'll sacrifice time in the air. . . possibly as much as 1 to 3 minutes (depending how you fly) over a smaller and lower KV motor spinning a regular 0630 prop or a regular 0545. Of course, the catch is, it may not have the umph you desire after a few hours of getting antiquated.

Ocean

Littlebees are some nice ESCs, and I haven't heard of any problems yet. SN20 had issues of burning at start up but all newer batches are ok.

Cobra give excellent performance but at a price, durability and efficiency.

jipp

Littlebees are some nice ESCs, and I haven't heard of any problems yet. SN20 had issues of burning at start up but all newer batches are ok.

Cobra give excellent performance but at a price, durability and efficiency.

i guess that is why the set of DYS esc had the date on them..
i have not heard of the issue.. but its good to know..

not heard any good or bad fro the bee esc.

im just glad we have options to be honest.

i do wonder if cobra will ever make enough to stock stores for any amount of time..
but i guess its in there best interest not too.. its all about supply and demand.

chris.

p.s

the rcx motors i ordered were the 2205s. iv only heard positive so i tried.. hard to say no at 34.00 for a set of 4.. however, i ordered during there holiday so its gonna take a bit longer than most.. i had no clue of there holiday, as when i ordered they did not mention it..

never heard of xnova. but here is there url..
http://www.xnovamotors.com/xnova-2206-supersonic-racing-motor-series/

Last edited:

jipp

thanks, not sure iv heard of xrotor esc or not.

im not surprised by the bear hugs not being so good.. they seem to be hit or miss from what iv read.

chrsi.

hah, i just went to look at the esc i bought.. and it says right there of the known heating issue.

hah

"Please note: The DYS ESC's are from batch 8.2015. Previous batches had issues related to overheating. "

doh.

esc can add up that is for darn sure.. single prop airplanes have it cheap. laughs.

Last edited:

jipp

them are the say motors i went with.. with all the positive feed back.. hard to beat the price that is for sure..
im waiting fro them to arrive from over seas.. unfortunately when i order mine they were on a week long holiday which they did not even bother to mention when i was checking out which i thought was a bit cheap.. but whatever.. should be arriving soon. woohoo.. then if im feeling well enough i can get on with my next 3 builds.

id rather spend more money on ESC,FC and get good mid range motors for my skill level.

the little bees are getting good feed back.. so i think you would do just fine with that setup.
chris.

Last edited:

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Last edited: