NW OHIO / SE MICHIGAN

Noob

The current FT planes that I am flying are the Mini Arrow and Bloody Wonder. I am also trying my hand at gas engines so I have a giant big stik that I maidened yesterday.

I taught myself to fly about 3 seasons ago with the 3 pack of swapables from Flite Test. I have flown several of their planes now. They also got me into Multirotors. I built the AnyCopter in a tricopter format. I have since upgraded to a tarot frame and also bought an MXP230.

ofiesens2

Professional noob
Lansing native over here. I don't get out to fly too often during the school year (I'm a high school student and golfer), but I love my BLoody Wonder.

epsilon

Cool, tried storch first and failed miserably. Long story... went to the versa wing and after a couple mini learning experiences, got it flying and doing great. Just maidened a trainer with the glide wing Sunday and well be hopefully trying out the sport here soon. Stated building the pun jet for something small to fly around maybe even here at the house as I don't have a ton of space but we'll see, I know that is pretty darned fast.

Swanno

Stated building the pun jet for something small to fly around maybe even here at the house as I don't have a ton of space but we'll see, I know that is pretty darned fast.

I was going to suggest the new FT mini F-22 but that chews up space really fast even on the power pack A with a 5x3 prop. The best plane I have for small spaces is Peter's Mini Guinea, even with two A motors that thing will slow down really well. I tried a pun jet but the roll rate was insane and it is pretty fast. The pun jet was made from Australian foam board so it was over weight and the FT mini F-22 was made out of depron with tape so I have no idea if the Flite Test foam ones would react the same. The FT mini Guinea was a kit though and flies great.

I have heard a few people have problems with the Storch, although I have never tried one so I wouldn't be able to give any pointers.

From Australia, just thought I would give some heads up on the pun jet, that thing was fun but a bit of a handful when I built it, I could probably fly one now though.

Last edited:

Tobysdad

Ohio

Findlay ohio here. having a ball with the FT planes and starting an FPV ship using a blunt nose versa wing. Have a reg Versa and it flys great. Waiting on fpv gear to install in the blunt nose. Also built a Bushwacker and it flys great. Have a Bloody Wonder sitting on the floor waiting to maiden.