Help! NX6 ESC Throttle Limits

Nick&Mark

Hi guys,

Newer to RC planes. We have had the Transmitter and a Turbo Timber for over a year and have had a great time. For my sons 10th birthday we bought a P40 kit from flite test. We are at the point of testing motor rotation. I have the AR6610T receiver bound to the NX6. We purchased the power pack with the P40 model and everything from flite test. I am having difficulty getting the ESC to find the throttle limits or for a lack of technical words getting it to beep twice with the throttle all the way forward or in full position. Hence not getting it to calibrate. Looking for some tips or things to try at this point.

Things I have done are:

Verify the throttle cut switch is in correct position
Make sure receiver is properly bound to transmitter
Deleted Aircraft/re bound aircraft
Set throttle cut switch

Lost at this point and appreciate any help.

Mark

Bricks

Master member
Did you check to be sure wiring is connected to the right port on the receiver throttle, rudder, ailerons?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Did you check to be sure wiring is connected to the right port on the receiver throttle, rudder, ailerons?

That could definitely be the problem - with Spektrum 6 channel receivers, the channels run TAERGA:

Throttle - Channel 1
Aileron - Channel 2
Elevator - Channel 3
Rudder - Channel 4
Gear - Channel 5
Aux1 - Channel 6

Where this can be confusing on it is that the AR6610T receiver, the very first slot is the Bind/Batt button. That would be used in a situation where you might hook up a separate battery to control the servos, without an ESC for a throttle, or you're connecting up the Bind plug to bind it up to a receiver. I've seen people plug their ESC cable into that port and it'll allow them to bind because it's providing power through the ESC connection, but it's not actually allowing any control because there's no actual channel connected to it on the transmitter.

The other thing to check is if you have the wire plugged in correctly to the receiver. Lightest color (might be white or yellow) should be at the top, as that's the signal wire; you can get power on the receiver if it's plugged in, but it won't do any movement because the signal's not actually transmitting to the proper pin. I've done that a few times myself, and it's one of these facepalm moments when I realize what I've done.

Nick&Mark

This is great stuff. Much appreciate the guidance. I definitely know I had the plug into bind/batt position. I will try Channel 1 once I get home. Much appreciate the input.

sprzout

Mentor
This is great stuff. Much appreciate the guidance. I definitely know I had the plug into bind/batt position. I will try Channel 1 once I get home. Much appreciate the input.

That could do it! :) And don't sweat that you did that, I know *I* have done it a couple of times; odds are I won't be the last person to make that mistake, especially as my vision gets a little worse - trying to make sure I'm lined up on the proper set of pins can sometimes be difficult.

sprzout

Mentor
That did it! Much appreciate it Sprzout!

Excellent. :) Glad it worked out for you; if you move to any other Spektrum receivers, just remember that the very first plug is usually the bind/Batt position (even on the new receivers that don't have a bind plug - they still have the capability to hook up a battery to power the servos, like you might use if you're running a gas or nitro motor) so you'll not run into this problem again. Theoretically, you can program the radio to have any of the ports (with the exception of the Bind/Batt port) operate as the throttle, aileron, elevator, or rudder (I did that on a cheap OrangeRX receiver that was damaged in one of my combat Versa Wings - pointed the elevator channel to port 5 on a 6 channel receiver), but it's more of a hassle than it's worth sometimes to change from the defaults.