Prop savers?

Skyjon01

So, my sons and I have started trying our hands at scratch building. We started with the FT Tiny Trainer and built a couple of chuck glider versions before moving into our first powered version. We got an FT Power Pack A to provide the electronics. We did our first flights last week and predictably we crashed more than once. We had no major airframe damage but managed to break both props included in the kit. I have more props coming but have been wondering about using prop savers to extend their life span as I am certain we have more crashes to come. The issue is that the FT1806 motor that comes in the power pack A has a 5mm threaded hub while virtually all of the prop savers I have seen out there are for 3mm hubs (including the one for sale in the FT store). Are there prop savers out there that‘ll work with the 1806. Any thoughts or tips on how to extend prop life given 7,11, and 13 year old test pilots?

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
So, my sons and I have started trying our hands at scratch building. We started with the FT Tiny Trainer and built a couple of chuck glider versions before moving into our first powered version. We got an FT Power Pack A to provide the electronics. We did our first flights last week and predictably we crashed more than once. We had no major airframe damage but managed to break both props included in the kit. I have more props coming but have been wondering about using prop savers to extend their life span as I am certain we have more crashes to come. The issue is that the FT1806 motor that comes in the power pack A has a 5mm threaded hub while virtually all of the prop savers I have seen out there are for 3mm hubs (including the one for sale in the FT store). Are there prop savers out there that‘ll work with the 1806. Any thoughts or tips on how to extend prop life given 7,11, and 13 year old test pilots?
buy polycarbonate props, Ill provide a link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088KF7D19/?tag=lstir-20 they are literrally indestructible, I have only had one break, and after about 100 or so crashes. these should work with the tiny trainer. Prop savers just arent worth it usually, as even on motors where you can use them, hte o rings love ot pop off or break, making you lose a prop and have to deadstick midflight

Burnhard

I don‘t think there are any 5mm prop savers. A couple of more props is probably a good idea.