Racing Motor Selection Help

Hello Everyone,

While my Acro/freestyle quad has been treating me well, I really want to get into the racing scene. That being said, I know that racing drone equipment, especially the motors and frames, are typically way different between the 2, with acro motors being lower KV and their frames being minimalist. I already fave the frame, the spaceonefpv 220X unibody frame with a 3D printed pod. The motors on the other hand I have had a hard time deciding on.

With that being said, does anyone know of any good quality, mid-range price motors. Been looking for a little while and since I want to build 2 identical builds, I'd like to keep the price down so I'm not dropping a $500 on a quad, equaling $1000. I know I could go super cheap and buy the racerstar 2307 2500kv motors or the DYS Samguk 2207 2600kv motors (I have the 2300kv ones on my acro quad and they seem to be pretty good), though I also know that they tend to not be the most efficient and the QC can be hit or miss. I also know that BrotherHobby, T-Motor, and Emax make really good motors, but they cost $20-$30 a piece, which makes a build really expensive. Does anyone know of a good middle ground, maybe $12-$15 motor that they would recommend? Also, what size should I get? 2205 ,2206, 2207, 2306, 2307, etc? Which tends to give the best performance?

Thanks in advance!!

Nathan