Rethink your priorities (Caution RANT ON)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
OK we all know the goal of being here is to form a community with a common interest of RC flight. People are either here to learn, teach, help, or be helped.
I am one of those people. This forum has taught me a lot about aviation, the hobby and its evolution, how to build and repair things, and to be slightly less anti social as I normally am in the real world. I think I actually may have one er two real friends here ;):)

I have and do try to give back by helping teach thru what I have learned first hand from doing (quad stuff) or if I didn't know by hunting down and seeking out the knowledge someone else needs to move forward in the hobby. Grumpy as I may be hopefully I have succeeded to some level with all that.

Over the last few years though there is this trend here that started right around the time Mr.Steele dumped his quad share vision in our laps and walked away. That was also the same time the FT core team started to migrate more to Facebook to grow the business and our community as well as share their message. most of the long timers here believe in that and try to best propagate it in what we do here.

I have bit my tongue and REALLY tried to keep civil over a few topics and I think I have done well for the most part. After opening at least seven posts in a row this morning to see what help is needed......

RANT ON.. if your overly sensitive or easily butt hurt move on and read no further.

What we do here IS a hobby. Its not a mandated thing necessary for survival and living. It enhances our lives. Its an EXTRA in our lives. Its not like food or clothes or water we CAN live without it. That being said it also comes with added financial requirements. I know we all want to have fun as cost effectively as possible and we all have levels of "cost effective" (aka CHEAP) we choose to accept. That is your choice and I wont debate them here.

What I am gonna rip everyone on is this constant and seemingly eternal need to cry poor in EVERY FREAKING post. JUST STOP. You are not poor. You all have a roof over your head, you all own a computer or phone and pay the bills to operate them. You are only poor by poor choices if you consider yourself poor.

POOR is when you struggle to get proper meals every day, POOR is where you live has no sanitation or even an economy to get a job let alone get TO a job. I have been around the world and have SEEN POOR. Just because you do not have the budget to buy the toys you want immediately you are by no means poor. You have no idea what poor is.

Poor is where I went on a tour in another country and was too indignant to eat the box lunch provided by the guides. I learned what poor was the instant I gave that box lunch to a kid who happened to be around who looked like he was really hungry. I thought I was helping the kid out. Nope POOR is when someone hands you a box lunch out of kindness and the entire street comes to throw you a beat down for a stale sandwich a half brown apple and a juice box. I'm pretty sure NONE of you are in that desperate a situation. So just stop crying poor. It makes you look selfish and greedy. It angers me because I KNOW what poor is. Been there done that, going door to door asking people if they needed ANY work done around their house , yards, cars. Sleeping in tree forts or park play houses on occasion.

Even now I live on less then 1/3 of what is considered poverty yet I find ways to put money away for the things I need or want to do. I don't go out all the time, I dont smoke weed or drink, I dont have insane cable bills. I cant afford nor own a car. I am poor by a dollar standard but I am NOT poor by poor choices. If I want something I save what I can for months if I have to or Ill cut back on groceries, or rearrange a bill payment here and there. No matter how I do things you will never see me beg or try to win sympathy in any public venue, more likely not even in private unless you are one of the very few in my inner circle of people I call family and I REALLY need help.

Bottom line is have some dignity, get off the social media bus where everyone tries to get people to give them stuff or feel sorry for them. If you don't have money this very instant either learn how to save, or rethink your priorates in life and what you want and what you actually need then adjust to meet a current goal. If you are poor enough you don't have food or clothes ask for help and even I would step up some how to help you but don't cry about not being able to afford toys every time you post. Too many others who are sick or need basic food or shelter to be coming here acting a fool like that.

Asking for help to get something is one thing and people here generally try to help in some form or other be it advice, teaching, donating parts, or even complete sets of gear. Saying your poor every post to get free stuff gets old and it becomes obvious you are doing so after a few nearly verbatim I'm poor posts. Again I apologize to those who are actually struggling but if you are here you are not poor by any means of the definition.

That said FLAME ON!! just keep it civil.

Taildragger

Legendary member
OK we all know the goal of being here is to form a community with a common interest of RC flight. People are either here to learn, teach, help, or be helped.
I am one of those people. This forum has taught me a lot about aviation, the hobby and its evolution, how to build and repair things, and to be slightly less anti social as I normally am in the real world. I think I actually may have one er two real friends here ;):)

I have and do try to give back by helping teach thru what I have learned first hand from doing (quad stuff) or if I didn't know by hunting down and seeking out the knowledge someone else needs to move forward in the hobby. Grumpy as I may be hopefully I have succeeded to some level with all that.

Over the last few years though there is this trend here that started right around the time Mr.Steele dumped his quad share vision in our laps and walked away. That was also the same time the FT core team started to migrate more to Facebook to grow the business and our community as well as share their message. most of the long timers here believe in that and try to best propagate it in what we do here.

I have bit my tongue and REALLY tried to keep civil over a few topics and I think I have done well for the most part. After opening at least seven posts in a row this morning to see what help is needed......

RANT ON.. if your overly sensitive or easily butt hurt move on and read no further.

What we do here IS a hobby. Its not a mandated thing necessary for survival and living. It enhances our lives. Its an EXTRA in our lives. Its not like food or clothes or water we CAN live without it. That being said it also comes with added financial requirements. I know we all want to have fun as cost effectively as possible and we all have levels of "cost effective" (aka CHEAP) we choose to accept. That is your choice and I wont debate them here.

What I am gonna rip everyone on is this constant and seemingly eternal need to cry poor in EVERY FREAKING post. JUST STOP. You are not poor. You all have a roof over your head, you all own a computer or phone and pay the bills to operate them. You are only poor by poor choices if you consider yourself poor.

POOR is when you struggle to get proper meals every day, POOR is where you live has no sanitation or even an economy to get a job let alone get TO a job. I have been around the world and have SEEN POOR. Just because you do not have the budget to buy the toys you want immediately you are by no means poor. You have no idea what poor is.

Poor is where I went on a tour in another country and was too indignant to eat the box lunch provided by the guides. I learned what poor was the instant I gave that box lunch to a kid who happened to be around who looked like he was really hungry. I thought I was helping the kid out. Nope POOR is when someone hands you a box lunch out of kindness and the entire street comes to throw you a beat down for a stale sandwich a half brown apple and a juice box. I'm pretty sure NONE of you are in that desperate a situation. So just stop crying poor. It makes you look selfish and greedy. It angers me because I KNOW what poor is. Been there done that, going door to door asking people if they needed ANY work done around their house , yards, cars. Sleeping in tree forts or park play houses on occasion.

Even now I live on less then 1/3 of what is considered poverty yet I find ways to put money away for the things I need or want to do. I don't go out all the time, I dont smoke weed or drink, I dont have insane cable bills. I cant afford nor own a car. I am poor by a dollar standard but I am NOT poor by poor choices. If I want something I save what I can for months if I have to or Ill cut back on groceries, or rearrange a bill payment here and there. No matter how I do things you will never see me beg or try to win sympathy in any public venue, more likely not even in private unless you are one of the very few in my inner circle of people I call family and I REALLY need help.

Bottom line is have some dignity, get off the social media bus where everyone tries to get people to give them stuff or feel sorry for them. If you don't have money this very instant either learn how to save, or rethink your priorates in life and what you want and what you actually need then adjust to meet a current goal. If you are poor enough you don't have food or clothes ask for help and even I would step up some how to help you but don't cry about not being able to afford toys every time you post. Too many others who are sick or need basic food or shelter to be coming here acting a fool like that.

Asking for help to get something is one thing and people here generally try to help in some form or other be it advice, teaching, donating parts, or even complete sets of gear. Saying your poor every post to get free stuff gets old and it becomes obvious you are doing so after a few nearly verbatim I'm poor posts. Again I apologize to those who are actually struggling but if you are here you are not poor by any means of the definition.

That said FLAME ON!! just keep it civil.
You sound a lot like my dad. Wise words and well said! I agree with @JasonK

RyanMatthew

Hey there!

Totally feel you on this. It's awesome how this forum is all about the RC flight community. It's been a game-changer for me too, learning so much about aviation and bonding with fellow enthusiasts. Gotta admit, my social skills have leveled up too. 🙌