roy70

roy70

delta swapable? have yet to fly.how are the ailerons plug in?.i thought they were done with a y lead but your vidio does not show that. plse help this old stuppid soul trying to learn rc.thanks

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
You plug one servo into the aileron port of the receiver, and the other goes into the elevator. Then you program your transmitter to "delta" mixing.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
The Delta uses elevons or a combination of elevator and ailerons. You need to have a radio that can do this type of mixing. Some even just need you to activate the wing type and the radio does the rest.
What king of radio do you have?

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
Gary
I have an hk 6S tx and it has a mix channel and an elevon channel. Would I need to plug into one channel with 1 servo and into the other with the other servo to make it work right?

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I found this video which might help. Plug one aileron into channel 1 and the other into channel 2 from the looks of it...

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
That video is good, but it doesn't fully explain it.

Basically all you are doing is mixing the aileron channel with the elevator channel. Because servo 1 is in the aileron and servo 2 is in the elevator, and you want the two servos to work together, you must mix those two channels together so a movement on one channel will effect both servos. Note that you may end up having to switch the two servos with each other. With the Hobby King Tx, this requires using two of the three mixes. You want CH1 mixed into CH2 and CH2 mixed into CH1. (Depending on which channels are set up for aileron and elevator.) You want those mixed at 100% because you want full movement. One channel fully moves the other. I don't think the end points matter as the video claims. Sometimes you have to reverse a channel or two to get the mix to work correctly, and sometimes you even have to switch the two servos (where they are plugged into the Rx).

Some Txs have a Delta mix programmed into them already and you just select it. Always make sure it's working properly before you fly. Test the elevons just like in that video xuzme720 posted.