Simple scout firewall doesn't look right

Maxforwardspeed

I don't see a notch in the firewall like shown in the build video to cleanly run the motor wires to the ESC. Should I make my own? I also got the C power pack, and not sure how to mount this motor to the firewall. Looks like I need to use that metal bracket first? Sorry, these didn't look the same as on the video so I got stuck.

1000011706.jpg

luvmy40

Elite member
The square hole at the bottom left corner should work for routing the wires. There should also be four holes in the firewall that align with the mount holes on the motor end plate.

Maxforwardspeed

The square hole at the bottom left corner should work for routing the wires. There should also be four holes in the firewall that align with the mount holes on the motor end plate.
Ok thanks, the problem is that this motor doesn't want to sit flush up against the firewall because of that wire bundle. It's almost like you need to use that metal spacer bracket for this reason, but then the screws aren't long enough to go through both the firewall and bracket.

Tench745

Master member
The metal bracket is called an "x-mount". It's an optional piece that most motor manufactures will include with the motor. Some planes will need it others won't. I don't know if the FT firewall needs it or not. The way the X-mount works is, you bolt it to the motor with the little machine screws, then you screw the X-mount to the firewall. I usually use extra servo screws to screw them on.

luvmy40

Elite member
You can hog out a bit of the firewall where the wires make contact, but I can usually just push the motor flat enough to get the screws started then tighten them down.