printed motor mount advice

techbear

I'm building this little fattie profile. I want to mount an 1806 (type A) motor to the front, which (as you can see) is in a cross pattern of DTFB.

I made a printable prototype (shown here in black PLA), but I'm not happy with it, because the firewall doesn't hold firmly to the part that's supposed to hot-glue to the foam board.

I'm proud that the plastic part is only 4 grams, but I'd be willing to add weight to insure that the two parts hold securely together. Why two parts? Because the last mount I made for such a plane worked, but trapped the motor mount screws between the firewall and the DTFB, and now that they're all unscrewing themselves, I have to tear apart the glued nose to fix it. I'd rather engineer a mount that lets the nose of the plane survive when I have to remove and replace the firewall.

Have you seen a better way to make this motor mount? Any helpful ideas? Thank you!

Attachments

• mountD.png
    mountD.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • mountC.png
    mountC.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • mountB.png
    mountB.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • mountA.png
    mountA.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 0

Foamforce

There are a bunch of designs for profile motor mounts out there like this one, although I haven’t seen any made with two parts. How about just rotating the motor by 45 degrees so the screws aren’t in front of the foam?